PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How to Remove Sprint ID

lj27416
12-12-2010, 04:58 AM
If you happen to bump into an LG Optimus S from sprint, or a Samsung Transform you will be greeted with a activation screen called "Sprint ID"

After a few mins of messing with it i figured out how to bypass it, so here it is for you:

[hide-thanks]while in the Spint ID screen:

puch the voice dial button on the side and say "Application Settings"
it will pop up the "application settings" option, click on it
then go to to "Development" click on "USB Debugging"
Connect your handset.
Once the drivers install for adb go to your command prompt
"cd" to the directory where u have your sdk,
you will need to apply the rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin rootshell that was used to root the droid2.
you should know how to do this by now if not click here---> [Only registered and activated users can see links]
Once you have temporary root type in these commands hitting enter after each line (without the "#" sign):

# mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system

# rm -r /system/app/W_Installer.apk

At this point press home AND NO MORE SPRINT ID.

before you reboot, since you have temporary root you can write AmonRA's Recovery Image for LG Optimus S or whatever u want! ;) (Google Is youFriend)

Enjoy![/hide-thanks]

rockblueno2
12-20-2010, 10:52 PM
Is there a way to do this after using SuperOneClick?

Wrecked Johnson
03-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Is there a way to do this after using SuperOneClick?

Yeah the post said do whatever you want..............if you read carefully the post suggests getting temporary root............SuperOneClick Shell Root = Temporary Root................. then follow his detailed commands and WOW it works!!!!!!!!!!! Thats how i did it, the droid2 stuff was a lil bit confusing and I could not establish temp root.

wchriseg
03-12-2011, 01:13 PM
or get the launcher.apk install it hit home 2 times and switch your home screen :D
NO ROOT NEEDED :D

manowar123
06-01-2011, 10:32 AM
why i can't see #1 post ?

rich hathaway
06-02-2011, 11:06 AM
press the thnks button and you will see it.

sksk777
11-06-2012, 10:04 AM
thank you very much

XtremeWire
05-15-2013, 11:02 AM
thank you very much