PDA

View Full Version : HTC EVO Stock ROM anyone????

thesmitty68521
12-09-2010, 06:22 PM
I just tried to root an EVO and the unrevoked wasn't working. So I tried another method and the EVO is now stuck in a screen with a picture of an evo and a triangle. I would like to get the stock ROM to get it back to normal and give it another shot.

Any help would be appreciated.

whitey10tc
12-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Here you go buddy all the Supersonic shipped ROMs.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Some are 2.1 and others are 2.2

I have all the same on 4shared, but conflipper and shipped roms deserve all the credit.

thesmitty68521
12-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Holy Moly. I'm in trouble. lol None of these RUU's are connecting to the device. I have tried the volume down + Power as well as just letting it boot up to the recovery screen and the RUU's are still not connecting. any suggestions Gurus?

whitey10tc
12-09-2010, 07:11 PM
If you can go into the recovery menu, using the Vol down or up select Hboot USB, that should connect it as a USB to be detected.
If all else fails scuba has a link for PC36IMG.zip in his MEID repair thread ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) you can give it a try, but the hboot USB should work.

thesmitty68521
12-09-2010, 07:14 PM
It does. I just went through the RUU twice and it connected the second time. Thanks Whitey!

thesmitty68521
12-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Nice. It got to the very end and then said "Error 110- Go find another RUU"

whitey10tc
12-09-2010, 07:18 PM
It does. I just went through the RUU twice and it connected the second time. Thanks Whitey!If it gives you the com error in the ruu, fully charge the battery and try it a few more times.

thesmitty68521
12-09-2010, 07:44 PM
I got it now. Thanks Whitey. I just had to pay attention to what radio I was using. And then it worked.

Now if I can get unrevoked to actually root it.

whitey10tc
12-09-2010, 07:47 PM
It took me 10 times of running unrevoked on the Evo I had yesterday for it to be successful. Good luck just keep running it and it'll eventually take.

thesmitty68521
12-09-2010, 08:10 PM
I've ran this 15 times. It goes all the way up to saying "Failed to flash recovery" then stops

I've googled and tried numerous things. I'm not giving up yet.

whitey10tc
12-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Not sure if you've tried this one yet, found here on GURUS!
Evo Talk, Text, Web and all apps ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Now for rooting the device.
1. Copy PC36IMG.zip and Supersonic_1.32.651.1_rooted.zip to the root of your sd card.
2. Put the PC36IMG.zip on the root of your sdcard
3. Code:
4. adb push PC36IMG.zip /sdcard
5. - Power off the phone - Hold volume down while powering the phone on. continue to hold volume down until you see the WHITE bootloader screen. - After a few seconds it will begin to checking for files, and find PC36IMG.zip. while its doing this it will show a blue progress bar while its checking. (this takes 30 - 60 seconds to finish) - It will then list all the images in the zip and ask you if want to flash. SAY YES - When its finished it will ask you if you would like to reboot. AGAIN... SAY YES - At this point it will boot into a rooted rom. - YOU ARE NOW ROOT!!! - rename the PC36IMG.zip on your sdcard: - plug your phone into a usb port on your desktop and do:
6. Code:
7. adb shell mv /sdcard/PC36IMG.zip /sdcard/root-PC36IMG.zip
8. RECOVERY INSTRUCTIONS: - Extract the evorecovery.zip to your desktop - plug your phone into a usb port on your desktop - In a shell:
9. Code:
10. adb reboot recovery
11. - this will reboot your EVO into recovery mode. at this point turn your attention to the directory u extracted the evorecovery.zip to.
12. Code:
13. For Windows XP ~~> Run recovery-windows.bat at this point turn your attention to the phone and navigate to create a Nandriod Backup. you can now flash custom roms, write, and make changes to system. - to flash a custom rom put the rom on the root of your sdcard. wipe data, dalvic cache and chose the option to flash update.zip from sdcard. RECOVERY NAVIGATION: - Code: Volume up/down moves through the list and Power selects.
After entering recovery.
1. Select wipe and press the power button
2. On the next menu select wipe data/factory reset. After that finishes also wipe Dalvik-cache. Then select return.
3. Scroll down to Flash zip from sdcard and select Supersonic_1.32.651.1_rooted.zip and hit the power button.
4. Reboot device after update.zip completes.

thesmitty68521
12-09-2010, 09:42 PM
I tried that too. It just won't load the PC36I image. Keeps saying it's outdated. This version says October 2010 when in bootloader. I am reading around and it says there is no method for this version quite yet. Is that true?

whitey10tc
12-09-2010, 10:05 PM
I haven't seen one yet, you may need to try and downgrade the bootloader version. What ROM are you running, try downgrading to a 2.1 shipped ROM and hboot.

thesmitty68521
12-09-2010, 10:07 PM
I haven't seen one yet, you may need to try and downgrade the bootloader version. What ROM are you running, try downgrading to a 2.1 shipped ROM and hboot.

I've tried that too. But every time I open one of the RUU's from that site, it gives an error so that isn't exactly working.

whitey10tc
12-09-2010, 10:29 PM
OK what ROM, Radio and Hbbot versions are on it currently, I might have a couple ideas that might work.

thesmitty68521
12-09-2010, 11:00 PM
RUU_SuperSonic_S_Sprint_WWE_3.29.651.5_Radio_2.15. 00.09.01_NV_1.77_CNV_release_150224_signed.exe

HBOOT 2.2

whitey10tc
12-09-2010, 11:16 PM
OK, If you haven't tried this RUU yet give it try, it usually flashes after a few tries.
RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.1_Radio_1.39.00.04.26_rele ase_171253.exe ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

or you can try to just downgrade the hboot, using the following ZIPs.
0.76PC36IMG.zip ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
0.79PC36IMG.zip ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
0.93PC36IMG.zip ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

thesmitty68521
12-09-2010, 11:20 PM
Wow. I tried something else and it didn't work either. Now when I try to go back to stock it keeps saying main battery power is low. I know that isn't true because when I plug it into another evo the battery power is at 80%. And this is a customer's phone. Holy crap

whitey10tc
12-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Refering back a few posts make sure the battery is charged, all though the battery is 80% the RUU will show it's not. Charge it for a few then try the RUU I posted, it may take a few tries but it should finally go through. It's very frustrating I know, been there and always with someone elses phone. LOL!

thesmitty68521
12-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Okay, I finally got this rooted and the clockwork recovery on it. Now it won't let me load any Custom ROMS to it. I've tried several too. It keeps aborting

xxSLRxx
12-10-2010, 04:28 PM
I've been having similar issues with the Evo's. The issue seems to stem from the 2.02 hboot. There is a thread on XDA that covers this pretty well. Amoamare created a program to unlock the 2.02 hboot; however, it seems to be hit and miss. I think the current opinion on that thread is that you can't remove the hboot security on certain hardware versions on the Evo. I personally have been able to successfully load a custom rom on one Evo (after removing the s-off using amoamare's program), but I have another that won't take anything...

Just out of curiousity, how did you get clockwork on your phone Smitty?

DGD
04-10-2011, 02:44 AM
Wow. I tried something else and it didn't work either. Now when I try to go back to stock it keeps saying main battery power is low. I know that isn't true because when I plug it into another evo the battery power is at 80%. And this is a customer's phone. Holy crap

I am currently in the same boat. What ended up happening for you? I know for sure the battery is at 100% , yet it is still saying main battery power is low..tried different batteries, computers...nvm...lol just loaded a updated ROM thru the recovery, wiped, and flashed and its back to normal. Still didn't figure out why it kept saying main battery was low when it wasn't..