PDA

View Full Version : Cal-Comp J88b (Cricket EZ)

fjr
12-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Hello Everyone,
Does anyone know where to get drivers for this phone? I tried looking everywhere but it seems that there is none. I'm trying to change the prl in this phone. There is no Cricket service where I am so I can't even get this damned phone into roaming. Any tips? Let me know. Thank you.

rich hathaway
12-07-2010, 05:38 PM
here you go. dont forget to hit the thank you button if it helps ya

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

fjr
12-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Thanks for your help. But the link does not connect to the page when I try to download. I saw file of the same name (calcompdrivers.rar) but it only included .sys files. Please repost your drivers. I really need them.
Thanks,

rich hathaway
12-09-2010, 03:41 PM
link fixed for ya.

DARCOM
12-09-2010, 06:59 PM
link only has two sys files,

rich hathaway
12-09-2010, 07:28 PM
what os on yer computer?

rich hathaway
12-09-2010, 09:47 PM
hey darcom,make a folder to put those 2 files in,name it cal-comp drivers, put them in there and point your computer there when it searches for the drivers.
they are the working drivers for ez,a100,a200,a300 and a few others, i pretty sure they even work for a few of there modems for diagnostics.

DARCOM
12-10-2010, 01:31 PM
would you happen to have the flash program for these phones. thanks

rich hathaway
12-10-2010, 02:36 PM
use qpst,it is posted here,or cdma workshop there is a cracked version (2.7) here also. cdma workshop is esier for the beginer. if your serious about flashing by the paid version of workshop,it is a must for all flashers. it can be found at cdma-ware.com good luck.

fjr
12-20-2010, 01:51 PM
Correct me if Im wrong, but driver files have an .inf file extention right? These files cannot be the correct drivers. I'm using WinXP btw.

whitey10tc
12-20-2010, 02:10 PM
Correct me if Im wrong, but driver files have an .inf file extention right? These files cannot be the correct drivers. I'm using WinXP btw.
Not always, I just looked at the Samsung Moment drivers "had them easily accessible" they have, .inf, .cat, and .sys files packaged together along with a couple .exe's. So I think it is going to vary by driver.

If rich says they are it, I trust him and the instructions he has given.

rich hathaway
12-20-2010, 02:19 PM
no these are system files,{.sys}and they do work,i just plugged a200,and then a100 and read them both i have use these with modems and phones. on both xp as well as windows 7.
we have about 10 computers we flash with and work with at our center and they work with all.we do use 86 bit installation for windows7.and the xp we use is xp pro,but that should not make any difference.

i have them stored in my documents.
so let me get it straight,you are selecting to install drivers from a specific location and your machine and when you select the folder (they both need to be in a folder ) it gives you an error saying what exactly?

fjr
12-20-2010, 04:55 PM
Thank you for all your help Rich. Here is my situation. When I plug in the CompCal J88B (Cricket EZ), WindowsXp shows a "newly found hardware CDS6" message. Then a "NEw Found Hardware" window pops up. I point the wizard to the location where the driver was unzipped (in my case, a compcal folder in my desktop). However it wont allow me to select the folder, it justs scans the entire desktop looking for the drivers and then it says it cannot find the right drivers.

provyde
08-02-2011, 02:28 PM
I realize this is an old thread, but I have the PST and generic flash files for the J88. If you still need it, let me know.

rich hathaway
08-02-2011, 03:17 PM
it is an older phone in an older thread,but if you have 'em why not post 'em,i still see a few of them from time to time and you never know when yer gonna screw one up and need to reload it.

pete
09-03-2011, 10:42 PM
Provyde, Can you provide the generic files for the J88?

Thanks

fjr
09-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Hello everyone, does anyone know if there is a program to repair this phone? I was told before that programs such as QPST and CDMAWorkshop are made for Qualcomm cpu's only and it does not support VIA chips. Can anyone confirm this? I found drivers for the J88, its the VIA TELECOM USB HUB drivers. It works well if you only use it with VIA PST, but this program is very limited. VIA PST will only help you flash and upload prls, any hints?

fjr
11-15-2011, 03:46 PM
Does anyone know of a program that will enable me to repair the ESN for this phone (Compal J88b)???

dyerman
05-17-2014, 06:15 PM
That is the problem I am having. Im using windows 7, and it shows my phone in device manager as Qualcomm. When I use the update driver and point it to the folder it doesn't recognize the drivers. What do I need to do? Thanks