PDA

View Full Version : Flashing terms and condition for showroom

captainkirks
12-06-2010, 11:56 PM
Here is a poster I am putting in my showroom. Anything I need to add?
[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

ownmart
12-07-2010, 01:38 AM
include to no update/change software on phone or wipe/factory reset or will lose full flash

whitey10tc
12-07-2010, 01:51 AM
include to no update/change software on phone or wipe/factory reset or will lose full flashAlso do not try to reflash, or flash yourself. I've had the monkey that thinks they can get MMS working because it'll work on their buddies, then bring it back wanting me to fix it for free.

rich hathaway
12-07-2010, 09:55 AM
while all this is right, thats a scarry sign for a customer to walk in a read before handing there 400 dollar phone over. in our store we have no such sign just for that reason.i am sure you will lose sales because it makes it sound like you are confident something will go wrong and when it does,well you are telling them you wont be there for them. we just tell them before they leave it, basically the same thing,dont ota,dont hard reset,and for god sake dont call or do anything 1800 cricket says to do,if you need help,call us,we are the experts,if you got a cricket branded problem call them. its worth the few problems it creates.with all the 5 dollar flashers out there,flashing has slowed,at least around here.(kc) because really there are gonna be mad and blame you for anything goin wrong with it either way,so for us we'll take the extra biz and not have that sign,but just spend a few extra minutes with each custy to educate them on how manage there newly flashed device. we give a 30 day day warranty (which no one else does around here) as long as there is no custy error,and when something is wrong it is always the like whitey said,because they got to fooling around with it and changin settings. just my 2 cents bro.

captainkirks
12-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Thanks Rich, our flashing business has slow down to very much. The repairs are way up. This is printed on the back of the repair order they sign before we can do work.(Dam California law you must have a sign repair order to perform any service work) I am in a small town of 50k and there is no $5 flashers so I still get OK money plus I been in business selling phones for 19 years so I got a good reputation I hope. The biggest trouble I have is 1800 cricket and them telling them to *228.

rich hathaway
12-07-2010, 11:00 AM
i know,and man it pisses peeps off when they get told by cricket to do what restores there phone to a talk and text only flash.i/we have reflashed hundreds of phones for no charge because of that,because while it is not my fault,i just took 50 to 100 bucks the day before from them,and they really had no business calling cricket,but when do that once they wont call again,and we pretty much make them a custy for life fixin it for free.i always tell them first it gonna cost 50 bucks to reflash,and then end up giving it away. its like i feel guilty for some reason recharging them. but the ones that bring it in and say i didnt change anything it just quit workin,then when plugged and read everything is either back to sprint or whoever,and nothing is cricket anymore,but "it just happened to rewrite itself" im chargin everytime. this is a crazy biz. sorry didnt mean to cry on yer shoulder... i feel better now...lol...

thesmitty68521
12-07-2010, 12:08 PM
What I post in my store is:

1) The flash is guaranteed as long as you own the phone. The following will void this warranty: 1) Taking it to another shop to get it repaired. 2) adjusting the settings on your phone and it affects the flash 3) doing a factory reset of your phone

2)If we damage your phone, we are responsible for replacing it. Every flash I do I dial *228 to make sure it dials out and you can actually hear something. That way the customer knows they either have a working phone or they don't.

3) I guarantee repairs for 14 days.

It is tricky wording these "guarantees". As there are shady people we deal with. You want a fine line between protecting yourself as well as making the customer feel comfortable having you work on their phone.

rich hathaway
12-07-2010, 12:24 PM
man smitty i gotta say,that is well written,and i dont think it would make a custy nervous reading it.i am about to steal it. and put it up here. lol..

rich hathaway
12-07-2010, 05:33 PM
i dont think it matters if they sign it, that relinquishes all rights granted before they sign. and is binding as long as they wer'nt under diress when they signed.

thesmitty68521
12-07-2010, 05:55 PM
i dont think it matters if they sign it, that relinquishes all rights granted before they sign. and is binding as long as they wer'nt under diress when they signed.

I give 45 days. We are holding onto a cell phone for crying out loud. It isn't like we are having to take up a lot of space holding a car. lol

When I print the workorder on the phone repair, the person is told about the rule as well. I have only had to deal with this one time in four years. The customer actually was cool about it and totally understood. My thing with 45 days is fair. It gives a couple of paydays for the person to come up with the money. Also, if they simply call, I will hold onto it longer.

Like I said earlier, my thinking is you want the guarantee to be reasonable enough to where the customer understands where you are coming from and it is straightforward enough to make sure it isn't open to the con artists.

This is a good topic. In all the best practice is to go on a case by case basis and be honest. I have bricked two phones in four years. I replaced both of them. It actually helped my reputation that I was honest.