PDA

View Full Version : droid eris diag drivers

cassidy89
12-03-2010, 02:46 PM
This is probably the wrong section but idk where it goes, so...
I am trying to get the hero diag drivers to work for eris on win7 64 bit. But everytime i try to install it, it just says no drivers found. I am trying to install manually, selecting the drivers i downloaded it just doesnt install them. i have everything else, qpst cdma tools android sdk and everything else, all I need it the diag drivers. can anyone help at all, or are you just gonna yell at me for putting this in the wrong section.

whitey10tc
12-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Not sure if you've tried this yet.
Is the phone in USB debugging?
Is HTC Sync installed? [Only registered and activated users can see links] [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Does the PC see the Eris and just wont install?

Just some suggestions, and yes it looks like you found the correct forum. Sense you are flashing to cricket.

cassidy89
12-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the quick reply :)
I have everything else installed, all other drivers and programs, the comp 'sees' the eris. When I go to device manager it shows 'htc diag', i click it and it shows no driver installed, so i click manual install. I browse to the folder with the driver files in it and it just says the driver wasnt found?
The phone is in debug usb mode, but when I plug it in it still shows up as a disk drive, I also tried charge only mode with no luck. The only thing I can think it can be is that the files I have are not for win 7 64 bit, so it isn't detecting the driver files.
The files I downloaded only say something like 'htc-droid-hero-diag.zip', but doesnt say anything about windows version or anything.
Thanks for the help again.

whitey10tc
12-03-2010, 04:01 PM
I have everything else installed, all other drivers and programs, the comp 'sees' the eris. When I go to device manager it shows 'htc diag', i click it and it shows no driver installed, so i click manual install. I browse to the folder with the driver files in it and it just says the driver wasnt found?
The phone is in debug usb mode, but when I plug it in it still shows up as a disk drive, I also tried charge only mode with no luck. The only thing I can think it can be is that the files I have are not for win 7 64 bit, so it isn't detecting the driver files.
The files I downloaded only say something like 'htc-droid-hero-diag.zip', but doesnt say anything about windows version or anything.

Try downloading HTC sync and also place the phone in DIAG mode. ##DIAG# or ##DIAG (SND)

whitey10tc
12-03-2010, 04:01 PM

Try downloading HTC sync and also place the phone in DIAG mode. ##DIAG# or ##DIAG (SND)

cassidy89
12-03-2010, 05:02 PM

ok htc sync is not working now (but it was before), so i have to get that working again.
I am assuming I have to start htc sync on pc, then put phone in diag mode(htc sync from 'connect to pc' setting, then connect to pc. And if all goes well then it should automatically install the diag drivers? is that correct?

again Thanks everybody for all the help, I really appreciate it :)

whitey10tc
12-03-2010, 05:08 PM
ok htc sync is not working now (but it was before), so i have to get that working again.
I am assuming I have to start htc sync on pc, then put phone in diag mode(htc sync from 'connect to pc' setting, then connect to pc. And if all goes well then it should automatically install the diag drivers? is that correct?

again Thanks everybody for all the help, I really appreciate it :)

You might also try to uninstall all the drivers, remove the hardware and start from scratch with using HTC sync, it has the Win7 64 bit drivers.

cassidy89
12-03-2010, 05:47 PM
You might also try to uninstall all the drivers, remove the hardware and start from scratch with using HTC sync, it has the Win7 64 bit drivers.

So if I get htc sync to work then I dont need the diag drivers? I am trying to start qpst and cdma workshop to flash to cricket.
Anyway I'll check back tomorrow, I have to get ready for work.
Thanks for all the help guys.

whitey10tc
12-03-2010, 06:00 PM
So if I get htc sync to work then I dont need the diag drivers? I am trying to start qpst and cdma workshop to flash to cricket.
Anyway I'll check back tomorrow, I have to get ready for work.
Thanks for all the help guys.Ideally HTC Sync, version: 2.0.40 should install the win7 64 bit drivers that are missing.

cassidy89
12-04-2010, 01:55 AM
Ok I uninstalled everything and only installed htc sync, plugged in phone(##diag#(htc sync mode in settings)),it installed everything except the diag files?, I can sync everything from htc sync. I am almost there I just have to fix this one file.
any other suggestions

whitey10tc
12-04-2010, 02:09 AM
Just ran a google search for you and here's the first that came up, it's in the Hero forums on XDA but give it a try.
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
and another from the Evo forum on XDA
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

cassidy89
12-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Thank you so much whitey10tc :), I finally got it working.
now I have 1 more question, If the ota programming fails does that mean I have the wrong prl file?
It connects to cricket, says to wait for programming to finish and then says programming failed, any help Thanks.
Thanks again for the help whitey10tc !!!

edit: do I have to change my account to the eris before I do the ota.(thats probably a dumb question:confused:

cassidy89
12-04-2010, 08:31 PM
double post, sry

whitey10tc
12-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Thank you so much whitey10tc :), I finally got it working.
now I have 1 more question, If the ota programming fails does that mean I have the wrong prl file?
It connects to cricket, says to wait for programming to finish and then says programming failed, any help Thanks.
Thanks again for the help whitey10tc !!!

edit: do I have to change my account to the eris before I do the ota.(thats probably a dumb question:confused:If you have the Eris ESN active on the account and all the setting are correct it should work with out the otasp. All the OTASP really does is load the current PRL checks the MIN, MDN and ESN among a few others. But the phone will work with out it. Just make sure the MEID/ESN matches what's on the account.