PDA

View Full Version : Hijack moved//// Help with Blackberry.

Antoine_108
12-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Hi, I'm new to the forum. =)

I just got a used Verizon BlackBerry 9530
I wanted to flash it to criket, but the person in the store told me that if I did so, Pic Messages nor Internet would work. =/
So I started browsing the web and I came out with your forum. and I was wondering if anyone could help me plz!

I'm from Brownsville, TX

the current prl that I'm using on the phone is 32200
-it connects to the network of Verizon
-when I call *611 It says "Welcome to POCKET COMMUNICATIONS" WTF!?

please any info would be really helpfull.. thanks!

whitey10tc
12-03-2010, 12:51 AM
Hijack split from Evo MEID repair.

Welcome to the forum now we got your post in the correct forum lets see if I can sum it up for you.
You live in a AWS market and have a CDMA BlackBerry, that's why your connecting with Verizon and Pocket. You will not be able to use the Blackberry if you get it to connect for long before cricket shut's it down.

Antoine_108
12-03-2010, 01:03 AM
So if I send it to get it flashed to another state... and they bring it back here...

Cricket would cancel my account?

whitey10tc
12-03-2010, 02:37 AM
So if I send it to get it flashed to another state... and they bring it back here...

Cricket would cancel my account?

Does Not Matter Where you send your blackberry to be flashed it will still talk to the AWS market towers and even if you *228 the prl will set you back again my advise go to cricket and just purchase a phone and sell your other one!

AWS MARKET = NOT FRIENDLY TO FLASHED PHONES FOR AMENITY'S.

As bigwilly said it won't matter where it's flashed.
You could even go upto Houston activate it with a Houston #, but you'll only have talk/text and it wouldn't be long before cricket shut it off because you can't use more than 50% of any usage on the partner coverage.
On another note and yes it sounds funny but if your connecting to pockets 611, try flashing it to pocket.

expandable007
12-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Hey Antoine_108 !

Hey I'm from Mcallen, Tx and I'm also new here in the forums... I have a question... how can I find out which prl to use for my blackberry 8530, It's a sprint phone... but like everyone else I'm trying to flash it to cricket...

whitey10tc
12-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Hey Antoine_108 !

Hey I'm from Mcallen, Tx and I'm also new here in the forums... I have a question... how can I find out which prl to use for my blackberry 8530, It's a sprint phone... but like everyone else I'm trying to flash it to cricket...
Unfortunate the answers above aplly to all AWS markets, and Mcallen falls in that AWS grid. You can check your coverage to make sure at [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Antoine_108
12-04-2010, 08:07 PM
>.< bad luck right there>> allright.. I'll put it on ebay i guess =/ thanks for the help tough ;)

Antoine_108
12-04-2010, 08:12 PM
BTW! I did tried flashing it to pocket :P they told me that even tough they have their customer support and everything, they are no longer activating phones, that they have now merge to cricket and I should go with them to get it activated.. >.<