PDA

View Full Version : How to?

quicklearn
12-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Hello guys let me start by saying i'm doing my first Flash. Its on a Blackberry 8530 from Sprint , I think i successfully flashed it to Metro but how to i register the ESN to metro pcs? ty in advance

Mr._Pseudonym
12-03-2010, 11:37 AM
:^/ That's easy enough; just tell Metro to change the ESN on your account to the one on your flashed phone. That's how I did it with my Treo on Cricket a few years ago. Be prepared to pay a nominal fee, though.

Or, if you're opening a new account, give them your phone's ESN along with whatever other info they'll ask for.

quicklearn
12-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Already tried that it tell them that the esn is not on metro pcs.

whitey10tc
12-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Metro flash, Houdini are some different ways. Possible that a dealer can get it in the Metro system for you.
Metro is a little different than cricket, if I remember right the ESN needs to be entered into the system first then added to the account, but I could be wrong.

quicklearn
12-03-2010, 02:02 PM
No you are right bro cus actually i work for metro. When you flash a phone using Houdini Software the phone's esn gets registered automatically to the system. And you can use the phone right away. If my flash was complete but the esn wasnt registered , when i did *611 should i come up as sprint or metro? cus im still getting sprint voice record

whitey10tc
12-03-2010, 02:09 PM
No you are right bro cus actually i work for metro. When you flash a phone using Houdini Software the phone's esn gets registered automatically to the system. And you can use the phone right away. If my flash was complete but the esn wasnt registered , when i did *611 should i come up as sprint or metro? cus im still getting sprint voice record
Then you need to reload the Metro PRL, if the *611 isn't connecting to Metro then it might still have the Sprint PRL.

quicklearn
12-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Ok bro ty but which one should i use? I live in miami florida i used the AWS 3010 PRL. Is that not the right one?

whitey10tc
12-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Ok bro ty but which one should i use? I live in miami florida i used the AWS 3010 PRL. Is that not the right one?
Considering that the BlackBerry is not AWS, I would say no it is not. I'm not a Metro person so I'm not sure what one to use.

quicklearn
12-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Ok i guess ill just try the other 2 . but um thanks for the fast response

quicklearn
12-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Ok so i must be doing something wrong cus it's still not working. I open CDMA WS, hit Connect , Read. Then i go to Security , SPc type in the correct SPC . Then i go to OTHER and click Write and i have tried the 3 Metro PRL files but im still getting sprint automated system.
Help me please :(

whitey10tc
12-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Ok so i must be doing something wrong cus it's still not working. I open CDMA WS, hit Connect , Read. Then i go to Security , SPc type in the correct SPC . Then i go to OTHER and click Write and i have tried the 3 Metro PRL files but im still getting sprint automated system.
Help me please :(Well I would suggest that you check the coverage in the area, I know that Metro has some AWS only markets like cricket. So you might be in one of those. Sense you work for Metro it should be easy to find that out. Another thing to check is the SID and Nam setting.