PDA

View Full Version : tethering charges?

darkmage1991
11-27-2010, 02:11 AM
just a quick question, does cricket charge for tethering? im tethering a htc eris flashed right now and wondering is my bill about to sky rocket?

whitey10tc
11-27-2010, 03:24 AM
cricket is a pre-paid service, your bill will never really sky rocket unless you do alot of ESN changes or switch your plan.

But no there are no tethering charges, but there is a cap of 1gb of usage. Then the speed is throttled to a crawl.

darkmage1991
11-27-2010, 09:35 PM
thanks whitey, most helpful person on this forum :D seem to be very smart with cricket's stuff

Mr._Pseudonym
11-28-2010, 12:21 PM
:^/ Cricket will treat surfing the web from the laptop via tethered cellophone just the same as surfing via the cellophone itself. In fact, I'm uncertain Cricket can even tell that the phone's in tethering mode.

rich hathaway
11-28-2010, 05:01 PM
this is straight from the person that has the kansas city cricket market (donna naaz) cricket does not care if you tether or if you dont. if you remember they used to be true unlimited on the data side,but with the emergence of tethering your phone they are still saying "unlimited" but like whitey said it caps at 1 gig. they dont cut you off after that but the rest of your month after the gig is so slow that you wont want to use it, and most computer browsers will time out before even a page will load. so they dont care how you use your gig but thats all you get. i had this discussion with her about a month ago. i am sure it is the same in all markets.

jlopez
12-17-2010, 09:26 PM
i have the m860 ascend. how can i tethere my phone so i can conect to my ps3!!!!! or can i even do it with this phone?

rich hathaway
12-17-2010, 10:29 PM
look in the market for the tether app and use that.there are more than one.

tieman123
01-09-2012, 10:52 AM
You dont' want to tether to a Xbox or PS3 with cricket. The ping is too slow.. You'll lag on any game you play. Horribly!