PDA

View Full Version : can i use a different memory card?

darkmage1991
11-24-2010, 09:33 PM
i just switched from blackberry(yay!) and i rooted my new htc eris with a 8 gig mem card installed, but now i want my 16gb that was in my bb installed in my htc. do i have to re install anything with the rooting if i change cards

whitey10tc
11-24-2010, 09:48 PM
i rooted my htc eris with a 8 gig mem card installed, but now i want my 16gb installed do i have to re instal anything if i change cards
Nope, just if you wanted to transfer files from the 8gb to the 16gb you can but it's not needed Android will make new files if needed.

darkmage1991
11-25-2010, 06:00 PM
it wont undo my root, or take away my recovery thing to flash new roms? i just dont want to have to redo the flash =P being careful sorry to sound noobish

whitey10tc
11-26-2010, 02:27 AM
it wont undo my root, or take away my recovery thing to flash new roms? i just dont want to have to redo the flash =P being careful sorry to sound noobish
You root the phone, not the SD card. LOL! recovery.img is on the phone, we were all noobs, up until 3 yrs ago I sold lumber and never hacked a phone now I do it for a living.

Here's the basic break down of your Eris.
It's like a baby computer with a hard drive and removable drive "the SD card"
You can set programs to either but the OS "ROM" and different things like the recovery and root always go onto the internal HD.

There are some programs that will install to the Root "internal memory" but also depend on the SD card for temporary memory use. But like I said if Android needs a folder or file on the SD card it'll make a new one.