PDA

View Full Version : Need help getting Sprint 700vx to VZW settings for use with PagePlus

prepaidcelluser
11-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Hi,

I have a 700wx that is a Sprint-branded handset. We're trying to get it set up with Verizon settings so it can be used on PagePlus. There is no Sprint service in our area.

I went through Rich Hathaway's tutorial found here ([Only registered and activated users can see links]).

It's at the point where I can turn it on and get a Verizon splash screen. Then as the phone becomes fully booted, the word "Sprint" still appears right underneath the "Start" button. I don't have much in the way of reception bars, and I assume this is because it prefers Sprint towers and there aren't any around - just VZW.

I have pulled up the onscreen dialing pad and dialed both *611 and ##000000#. It rings several times and then I get a message saying "Your account could not be validated. Please contact customer service."

Is there a tutorial somewhere to walk me through the 'next steps'?

Thanks for any assistance!

rich hathaway
11-18-2010, 10:17 PM
this is general info.meaning not all phones will need all of these fields. just fill in the fields that are the same in the phone you are working on.

settings for page plus mms

ConnectionVia Verizon Wireless
Gateway: [blank]

GatewayPort: 80
MMSC URL: [Only registered and activated users can see links]
Name: VZW
RecvDefault: 99999999
SendDefault: 358400
WAP Type: 2

hopefully someone will chime in a help you with the wap settings for page plus.

prepaidcelluser
11-18-2010, 11:34 PM
Thanks, Rich.

Dumb question here...

How do I access the screen to input that info?

I've been trying a wiki tutorial on HoFo titled "Palm Treo 700wx" (I'm not credentialed to post links here in this forum), and I seem to be able to work through it as far as the "NV Backup" steps.

The next step is programming, and that's where I'm hung up. The phone still seems to want to connect to Sprint. A roaming triangle is showing. When I try OTA programming by dialing *22890 or *228 I get a busy signal, and a window pops up on the phone that says "Programming in progress... Programming Unsuccessful! Please call customer service." I've tried it from the dialpad and from the regular keys.

When I try ##000000# from the dialpad a window pops up that says "You are currently roaming. Additional roaming charges may apply. Do you want to establish this roaming call?" If I tell it to go ahead and dial, the screen says "Voicemail" and underneath that it displays the number it's calling, which is in the 913 area code. That's the area code of the former owner, and her information is still in the phone. I am in area code 402, halfway across the country.

Once the call is placed, I get a message that says "To place a collect call to a mobile phone or a landline to press 1... to purchase an American Roaming PIN... blah blah... "

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

The screen says "Locked" at the top. If I press "Modify" I get a window requesting the the MSL, which I don't have and Sprint wouldn't release to me over the phone.

One last question...

Is the fact that I don't have the MSL code ultimately going to stop me from completing this task?

rich hathaway
11-19-2010, 03:36 PM
the answer to your last question is absolutely yes,you must have have the spc to change the prl and data settings.so i would suggest to find someone in your erea with the proper serial cable
with the pl2303 chipset and correct wire configuration. or you can buy one for about 35 bucks.

here are data settings for pp. i dont know if they are correct as i am not a pageplus guy. hope this helps.
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
Password: vzw
ha-password: vzw

Primary HA: 255.255.255.255
Secondary HA: 255.255.255
Ip Address: Automatic

Tunneling: Reverse
Min-HA SPI: 1234
Min-AAA SPI: 1234

prepaidcelluser
11-19-2010, 08:57 PM
Thanks again!

If I can manage to get the MSL, am I almost home free or do I still need the cable? Since the previous owner's information is stored in this phone, and since she seems to still have an active Sprint account, I sent her an email explaining our predicament and asked if she would mind sharing the MSL with us so we will be able to sever our access to her voicemail, etc.

rich hathaway
11-19-2010, 11:29 PM
she will need to call sprint and ask to have the msl/spc for that phone.she will need your esn,and if they give it to her you will have half the battle won. you can use the cableless flash / sd card to write the .prl and finish the flash

prepaidcelluser
11-19-2010, 11:41 PM
Thanks! I hope I hear back from her. According to the messages I was getting when I dialed something that I couldn't replicate if I tried, she last paid her bill on Oct. 31, 2010 and the next one is due Dec. 3, 2010 ... If I recall correctly.

In my email I mentioned wanting to *not* have access to her voicemail anymore, etc.. Hopefully she, too, will want this handset completely disassociated from her account and will be more than happy to cooperate.