PDA

View Full Version : droid x on hw virtual serial port

Mikejones396
11-04-2010, 01:05 AM
Hi, does anyone know how to connect the droid x on Hw virtual serial port because im trying to write my msl code on to the phone using qpst so i can get my metro web working.

123456&
11-04-2010, 07:47 AM
This is not my tutorial, i found Over here ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) I must have spend 30 minutes scowering the internet for a guide on how to enter diagnostic mode on the Droid X, seeing as we do not have a 'T' key to hold unlike the Droid. Here is how to successfully setup a COM port for the Droid X.

1. Boot the phone up regularly without the cable attached. There is no special button to press while booting.
2. Connect the phone to the PC with a USB data cable.
3. Slide down the notification bar and click on USB Connection row.
4. Make sure the phone is set to PC Mode
5. If you have the Android SDK kit on the PC the drivers should install automatically, or be pulled from the phone. If not there are some attached to this post.
6. Now Download and Install HW Virtual Serial Port CLICK HERE
7. Once you have it downloaded and installed open it up.
8. Click the Login button. The password should automatically be filled in and click OK.
9. Go to the Settings tab and make sure that NVT Enabled is unchecked and go back to the Virtual Serial Port tab.
10. To be safe, pick a COM port above 8.
11. Make sure the IP Address field reads 192.168.16.2 and the Port field reads 11008
12. Click the Create COM button and after a few moments you should now have successfully created a COM port for your Droid X.

If you get Error in the LAN Status field then you have not successfully installed the drivers for the phone, or the phone is not set in PC Mode.

You can now use CDMA Workshop or QPST with the port you have created.
Thanks to Kryptonit3 for this tutorial

ArkieKDealer
11-04-2010, 11:52 AM
You don't need HW for the Droid X. I believe this came from XDA.

1. Connect MicroUSB cable to PC which is already Turned ON
2. Switch off the DroidX Mobile
3. Press Camera Button Constantly and Insert MicroUSB cable.
4. Phone will Boot with Diagnostic Serial Port
5. Use the Attached Drivers of Motorola Serial Diagnostic Port

You will have to search for the drivers.

Nat3
11-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Are NV items required for the Droid X like the A855 Moto Droid?? Do they use the same nv_items provided by iNsAnEcAIn?