PDA

View Full Version : Sanyo Zio Not Recognizing Cricket Network

Danny O'Connor
11-03-2010, 01:15 AM
I just recovered from a serious error that occured in my Cricket Sanyo Zio. I was attempting to restart it when it got stuck on the Kyocera boot screen and did nothing else. I panicked and found out that if you just hold the power button with the volume up it will reboot as normal. Well it did and the only issue now is that it says I'm not on Crickets cellular network. I try to dial out and I get Verizon prompting me to make a collect call. I have no idea what is wrong with my phone but I've tried to do a factory reset and it just goes back to the Kyocera boot screen and does nothing else. If I just reboot it without the factory reset request it reboots as normal and then proceeds to say I am roaming and no longer on Crickets network. Any tips and insight would be amazing. Thanks for reading!:confused:

captainkirks
11-03-2010, 05:41 AM
Look under setting and see if it as an esn or its all zero out. Have you try *228 send the phone to see if it goes to cricket programing?

rich hathaway
11-03-2010, 09:36 AM
if that doesnt work tyr *22804,this is commonly used for sprint or uscellular branded phones,and will force stubborn phones to take the .prl

leadnerd
11-03-2010, 01:36 PM
The *22804 should work. Then if everthing works fine you are good to go if not just *228 it after it is on cricket and it should set your settings back to cricket. Your esn shouldn't be all zeroed out if you are getting verizons prompt.

I have had that same thing happen to other phones and thats all it took to fix it. If neither of those work you may have to manually load the prl on to it or take it to a corporate cricket store and make them fix it for you.

Danny O'Connor
11-03-2010, 06:39 PM
hey thanks I tried *22804 and it just said OTASP STATUS MESSAGE: SPL unlocked while a voice from verizon gave me options for a representative in the call. I'm completely stumped. I took it into cricket today and they didnt know either and told me to come back "when Jose is here because he knows about these phones". So far its an unsolved mystery but I appreciate your suggestion!

Danny O'Connor
11-03-2010, 06:41 PM
thanks I'll try that :)

Danny O'Connor
11-03-2010, 06:43 PM
PRL VERSION: 65535 ESN: 8051b70f
and it says its roaming on verizons network

bigglou23
11-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Try *22807

Danny O'Connor
11-03-2010, 07:10 PM
*22807= OTASP status message: programming unsuccessful. this is one stubborn problem :)

rich hathaway
11-03-2010, 07:31 PM
that phone should still be under warranty... oh yeh i forgot cricket rarely honors warranty. it sounds like it needs to have the .prl and sid checked and re-written to it. after cricket tells you they cant/wont warranty it out because it has a scratch or something like that, if you cant do that,take it to someone who flashes in your erea. your problem is a simple one i think,but you will need workshop or equivelant to perform this if the ota update/programming wont work for you.

Danny O'Connor
11-03-2010, 08:20 PM
now it wont even boot after trying to rest it to factory setting. i just get the kyocera logo and thats it. i can do fast boot and i can get it into modem mode and thats it. fml!

leadnerd
11-03-2010, 09:09 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links] Have you tried this hard reset? They will do it at corp. before they warranty it out. As for cricket not honoring warranties? That varies from area to area and store to store. If we send someone into corp. with a warranty issue they honor it. Do you have insurance?