PDA

View Full Version : free/generic phone navigation providers thread

rich hathaway
11-01-2010, 09:55 PM
I thought I'd start a thread for mobile navigation providers since i could'nt find one and testu was asking for one. mod's move this thread if needed,i could'nt find a very appropriate place to post this.

i will start with the most popular one . please guru's add to this thread any you have or can find.

this one is google:

Google Maps Navigation is an internet-connected GPS navigation system with voice ,so you gotta have data coverage to use it,so it wont work everywhere.
there is a link there for you to input your model of phone and it will spit out all of the features available for your model.smartphones will get the most features,but any phone with web will have at least maps and directions.others will have voice,turn by turn,streetview,satellite ,search by voice, traffic view,car dock mode,walk thru navagation and more.there are android, iphone and other smartphone specific apps.for this .
its pretty cool.

[HIDE-THANKS][Only registered and activated users can see links][/HIDE-THANKS]

testu
11-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Thank you. :)

Is there an app which works without internet?? I have no internet plan on my phone.

rich hathaway
11-01-2010, 10:34 PM
i dont think so,but that is what this thread is for,just give it a little time and see who else chimes in.maybe there will be an alternative for you posted here.

testu
11-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Does anybody have an idea??

DankOfOwnage
11-04-2010, 04:03 PM
CoPilot Live USA stores maps locally...App is $5 for Android...other than that...no clue
There is a way to take an older version of it and load the maps manually w/o paying...but can't get into that right now...Google is your friend :P

testu
11-04-2010, 07:52 PM
CoPilot Live USA stores maps locally...App is $5 for Android

Unfortunately, I dont have Android. Ive a Nokia Twist 7705 (Verizon).

whitey10tc
11-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Unfortunately, I dont have Android. Ive a Nokia Twist 7705 (Verizon).
Try google maps. I loaded it on my moms Katana and it does ok, alittle laggy, but it works

Sent from my cricKet flashed Hero using Tapatalk

testu
11-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Does it work without internet?? Can you download all maps?? I thought you need a data plan on your phone.

whitey10tc
11-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Does it work without internet?? Can you download all maps?? I thought you need a data plan on your phone.
You will need a data connection

Sent from my cricKet flashed Hero using Tapatalk

testu
11-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Oh..that's what I don't have. Can't you use your phone's GPS the same way as those GPS devices? I mean you don't have any additional costs after buying a GPS device. Can't this work the same way on phones?