PDA

View Full Version : hey everyone this is my first time

chilo
10-25-2010, 09:57 PM
What's up everyone I'm new to the cdma scene..this is my first android device also..its the moto droid 1 its a really great phone I just don't like verizon...I'm looking to get it flashed to boost mobile but if its not possible then I'm puttin it on cricket

thesmitty68521
10-25-2010, 10:04 PM
Welcome to Gurus. You will find everything you need right here to get that done.

As for the Droid on Boost, I think it may be possible but you would be better served if you put it on Cricket. I am not totally sure on Boost as I deal mostly with Cricket.

Fell free to ask any questions!

123456&
10-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Welcome to GURUS

rich hathaway
10-25-2010, 10:08 PM
hey,, from kansas city. welcome. smitty is right that droid will make you happier w/cricket.

whitey10tc
10-25-2010, 11:56 PM
You can put the Droid on Boost, but not easily. Cricket is the way to go.

chilo
10-26-2010, 12:09 AM
Thanks everyone I'm from northwest indiana but currently residing in florida..I have real good boost service here in florida and idk if 3g data is good here for cricket..and when I heard about the new boost plan with shrinkage I really wanted the droid on it...currently I'm on verizons new smartphone prepaid plan...450 mins unltd n&w m2m and unltd data for 75 a month that's too expensive...since no one really knows about putting it on boost...if cricket has great covarge here in gulf breeze/pensacola then what plan is the plan I need for my droid? My brother in indiana may be able to purchase service at a cricket store there...do I have to buy one of their phones to get service?

rich hathaway
10-26-2010, 08:43 AM
for that droid in the states you will need the 60z plan. that will give you access to the much faster android server.there are a couple of ways to do that with a cpe (custy. provided equip.) they are both posted here,somwhere. one is what we call the m6000 workaround,and the newer esier is the cpe droid . if you can get your service going there is alot,(everything you need) to put that phone over to cricket here at gurus. some of the customer service,and the people at the corporate cricket stores will not be knowledgeable about this,so i would suggest to just get your service started and then if you cant get it set up right,,just ask someone here to help with your acct and even the flash for your phone.but in the end you can have everything working on that droid with the cricket service,and its not a very difficult proccess. good luck!

chilo
10-26-2010, 11:35 AM
Ok well my bro is in school right now after ill have him go and purchase me some cricket service...I guess ill go from there after I got a number and what not

thesmitty68521
10-26-2010, 11:36 AM
Ok well my bro is in school right now after ill have him go and purchase me some cricket service...I guess ill go from there after I got a number and what not

For future problems with your flash and other questions pertaining to your flashing quest, please post in the appropriate part of the forum. This is simply an introductory thread. What is going on here is borderline thread hijacking.

Once again welcome to Gurus.

chilo
10-26-2010, 11:40 AM
I'm so sorry ill be doing a search and find the appropiate thread

Mr._Pseudonym
10-27-2010, 11:43 PM
;^) Don't sweat being new; all of us were at some time or other. Meanwhile, welcome to the newcomer-friendliest cell phone hacking site on the Internet....

Dex
10-27-2010, 11:48 PM
welcome to gurus where all ur flashing dreams come true

Pac3comm1
10-28-2010, 02:19 AM
Nice to meet you and welcome to the fam! I think you ll be happier with cricket than boost anyway. enjoy your tenure here!

chilo
10-28-2010, 03:35 PM
ive done research and cricket is not available unless its roaming and its .45 a min....thats too much