PDA

View Full Version : [Moved] qpst MSL code..???

peaceofmind313
10-16-2010, 10:51 PM
Im gonna try to lay out al the info to try to make things run smoother ...

I have a sprint 8330 blackberry flashed to Metro Pcs ...As of oct 7th of this year all flashed phones on the metro network lost there use of Web and MMS due to them changing to 4G..
I ve gone threw many post on different forums and it seems theres a way to fix it..Droid users seem to have no problem ...So there must be a way

Most talk of changing the MSL ...Ive found a site that gives you your MSL and I have found a program called "QPST" ..In which im told I can enter the MSL into to get it on the phone ....

One problem ... Qpst doesnt recognize my phone...

Been wrestling with this phone for about a week now ..And could really use some help..

Pz

123456&
10-17-2010, 12:21 AM
First thing make sure you have blackberry desktop manager open, then add comport to QPST.

peaceofmind313
10-17-2010, 02:06 AM
Great ..Its recognizing now ,Thanks !!!

But if you could help me out a little more or you know if there are any similar posts on this ,I would really appreciate it...This program is like space age rocket science to me...

Like I said its recognizing it now but I have no clue on where to input an MSL. Im not sure which part of the program Im supossed to use to do so....

Heres a pic of all that I have to choose from..

[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Pac3comm1
10-17-2010, 03:26 AM
I ve always used CDMA WS so im not entirely to skilled with working with QPST but I believe your next step from here is select QPST Configuration. Im not entirely sure.

peaceofmind313
10-17-2010, 03:57 AM
Thanks Pac3comm1..
Yea CDMA WAS seems to be a more popular one ..... Im havein a hard time tryin to get around in QPST ....
I just might have to get a copy of CDMA...

again thanks for the help

Pz

rich hathaway
10-17-2010, 10:23 AM
if your phone is already flashed then someone has already got the msl (master service lock) all that does is allow you to make changes to the programming of the phone,but like i said if already flashed it should be 000000 it is possible to flash that phone and not change the spc/msl but that is kinda a rule of thumb to write zero's in place of the spc/msl that the original carrier put on the phone instead of just sending it. so i cant remember for sure but i dont think that qpst will read a blackberry. but if your gonna try open qpst configuration up then find your phone,also you must have blackberry desktop manager open as 123456& mentioned,if you dont see your phone here click add new port look at the box on the left your phone will be listed as surf and then a model but not the 8330 it will be something different if you still dont see a surf model phone,open your device manager and find it there under ports tab, there will be to ports listed that say rim, 99 percent of the time it will be the higher number port they should be consective. make a note of the port number then go back to that window you had open in qpst "add a new port" and on the right side add the nuber of the port you made a note of on the top box "port" then click ok, then that box will go away and you will want to click start clients then from the dropdown click service programming then in the new window that opens click your phone model it will be there with the port you selected then click ok now click read from phone wait a couple of minutes,your phone may go offline but it will come back so be patient. now you can go thru there and edit what you are trying to edit it should show your msl as 000000 that will give you freedom to change what you want,but be carefull not to change a bunch of fields not knowing what you are doing or you will likely lose talk and text also. i dont know much about flashing to metro, i am a cricket junkie,but if qpst will read that berry you are one step closer to your goal,but i dont think qpst will read blackberry. good luck.

peaceofmind313
10-17-2010, 05:30 PM
@rich hathaway Thanks for the knowledge >>>!!!!

And Yea..Ive gotten past the first few steps that you've stated ....I can see the phone's Comport ...But its not recognizing the model or none of that...
Do you know of a program that can read a bb....

Pz

rich hathaway
10-17-2010, 08:29 PM
try this link for jl commander
google it for info on how to use it. more commonly used is desktop manager for installing files/programs to your berry and the crack utility is good tool for blackberry. but i think you will have more success if you first find a working solution i am sure there is one out there. then you will have a better idea of the softwares you will need to use to perform what is required for the solution you have found.just getting a bunch of editing softwares and starting to edit is just going to get you looking for 2 solutions or maybe 3.
try this and other forums in the metro sections for your answer first.you will be a bunch better off.

[HIDE-THANKS][Only registered and activated users can see links][/HIDE-THANKS]

peaceofmind313
10-17-2010, 11:15 PM
Rich ..Thanks for the help..Im gonna give that a try...

Bigwilly ...My phones is allready flashed... I'm just tryin to right a new MSL ..If that makes any sense ...

Pz

peaceofmind313
10-18-2010, 01:13 AM
@rich hathaway

So after Googling jl Commander ..Im seeing most everybody talk about its use to wipe a Blackberry ... Is this what I need to do to fix my problem..Just wipe it back to factory default .???

Again ..My whole issue is that when metro pcs switched there network over to 4G I lost my use of MMS and web .... Droid users got there flashed phones working again by changing there MSL ... Will wiping it fix it for me....

Im as new to all this as they come ..So sorry if my questions seem dumb ...

Pz

whitey10tc
10-18-2010, 01:22 AM
Metro uses the MSL in the username in place of the MDN. To retreave the msl you need to enter their goto [Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) there is a calculator there that's based of your MEID or ESN. I'm also going to move this thread to the Metro BlackBerry forum to cut down on future confusion.

You will also find some very useful info there also.

Check these posts

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

peaceofmind313
10-18-2010, 01:37 AM
whitey10tc ...Yea ..I ran across that whitrabbit site....I have my msl...But what Im tryin to do is get this MSL into my phone...Thats where Im gettin hung up at ,.....

Pz

rich hathaway
10-19-2010, 04:23 PM
huh? your msl is in your phone.do you mean you are trying to write your username to your phone?

peaceofmind313
10-19-2010, 11:54 PM
Rich ...But I cant just go into the cdma service edit screen (##000000) in my phone and enter the MSL.... I dont really know much about this stuff... Im just goin off of what I was told to do to get my WEB andMMS back working again....My phone is allready flashed...

Pz

whitey10tc
10-20-2010, 12:49 AM
Rich ...But I cant just go into the cdma service edit screen (##000000) in my phone and enter the MSL.... I dont really know much about this stuff... Im just goin off of what I was told to do to get my WEB andMMS back working again....My phone is allready flashed...

Pz
Try ##msl instead of ##0000000.

Sent from my cricKet flashed HERO using Tapatalk