PDA

View Full Version : Reprogramming EVDO for new LTE Network, Metro PCS

Pac3comm1
10-15-2010, 06:56 PM
First, this guide is for those who have the full version of CDMA WS. You can do this with QPST as well, but I m not familiar with that procedure. I am hide thanking this simply for gratitude of typing when I have other things I need to be doing.
[hide-thanks]
Connect phone to pc and open BB desktop manager as well as CDMA WS. Select proper port for Blackberry to connect.

Click connect and read. Once you see info listed in the fields on the left of CDMA WS, go to security tab and unlock SPC.

Above SPC you need to click read on appropriate sections to register ESN/MEID. Copy ESN/MEID and go to whiterabbit.org.

Half way down the page you will see MSL calculator which has an empty field where your ESN/MEID goes. Paste ESN/MEID and click calculate.

All the way to the right of the fields that appear you will see a six digit SPC number. Copy this and head back over to CDMA WS.

Proceed to the EVDO tab and click read. You will see the word metropcs written for the passwords. Paste the six digit MSL code in these fields of the old password. When finished click write.

When finished go to main tab and click Mode>Reset.[/hide-thanks]

There you have it, wap/mms back in effect!

peaceofmind313
10-18-2010, 04:27 AM
Thats GREAT news.... Now I just need to figure this out in qpst ..Or get a copy of CDMA WS ...

Thanks

Pz

peaceofmind313
10-18-2010, 10:15 PM
OK ..So Im working with CDMA 2.7 I believe ... Goin threw the steps ..And I catch a snag at the first one ...In my Device Mngr I see comports 4 and 5 ...When I selet 4 to connect to and read ...Phone donst answer ...When I selet 5 I get a range error ....
Is my copy to old to recognize my phone...
I have no clue what Im doing wrong ..

Pz

Dex
10-18-2010, 10:46 PM
OK ..So Im working with CDMA 2.7 I believe ... Goin threw the steps ..And I catch a snag at the first one ...In my Device Mngr I see comports 4 and 5 ...When I selet 4 to connect to and read ...Phone donst answer ...When I selet 5 I get a range error ....
Is my copy to old to recognize my phone...
I have no clue what Im doing wrong ..

Pz

Its the version of workshop ur using u cannot flash blackberrys with it, it will not work u will always get a range check error u have to use QXDM for flash them if u dont have the new version of workshop or buy the new version

peaceofmind313
10-18-2010, 11:02 PM
Thats what I thought...But wasnt sure...

Thanks

Pz

Dex
10-18-2010, 11:06 PM
Thats what I thought...But wasnt sure...

Thanks

Pz

not a problem anytime :)

peaceofmind313
10-18-2010, 11:14 PM
I dont do this for a living ..so Im not really trying to buy CDMA .... All Im trying to do is input the MSL Into my flashed Metro phone for the new LTE Network they upgraded to ...

Do you know if I can do this in the free trial version ....?

Pz

whitey10tc
10-18-2010, 11:21 PM
I dont do this for a living ..so Im not really trying to buy CDMA .... All Im trying to do is input the MSL Into my flashed Metro phone for the new LTE Network they upgraded to ...

Do you know if I can do this in the free trial version ....?

Pz
I don't know if the trial will work or not. But have you tried using the msl that is generated on the whiterabbit site?
That's what the droid users are using.
Then you can possibly figure out the setting to change with qpst or other qpst.

Sent from my cricKet flashed HERO using Tapatalk

peaceofmind313
10-19-2010, 12:03 AM
YEa...The white rabbit site is where I got my MSL from ...I have qpst ...
But I have no clue on how to input the msl ... I been looking for a set by step guide for qpst ...with no luck ...
I saw the droid users back up and running again...Thats why Im so frustrated I cant get my BB back up...

whitey10tc
10-19-2010, 12:41 AM
YEa...The white rabbit site is where I got my MSL from ...I have qpst ...
But I have no clue on how to input the msl ... I been looking for a set by step guide for qpst ...with no luck ...
I saw the droid users back up and running again...Thats why Im so frustrated I cant get my BB back up...
Well first connect the bb to bb desktop manager then open qpst config.
Add ports it should display your bb on a port.
Start services, service programing.
Read from phone enter msl/spc should unlock the phone.
Then mip and ppp tabs will be where to enter the user name.

I may have skipped something i'm writing this from memory. But give it a try.

Sent from my cricKet flashed HERO using Tapatalk

peaceofmind313
10-19-2010, 01:52 AM
Thanks a Milli for the help whitey10tc ....I wish this was all that simple ...

But Im seeing nothing about Id or Msl on here .... I dont even know if its reading it properly ..cause everthing is empty ...Here a few screen shots of whats goin on...

Pz
[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Pac3comm1
10-19-2010, 02:14 AM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

peaceofmind313
10-19-2010, 02:56 AM
Just tried and no luck ....Read from phone and write to phone button aren't highlighted ..and none of the fields have any info in them ..Every things blank...

I think its not reading my phone correctly...

If you have a PC and wouldn't mind I could give you remote access controll of my computer.....

And really ..Thanks for all the help ...!!!

Pz

Pac3comm1
10-19-2010, 03:14 AM
Perhaps tomorrow will be better, take down my number 770 875 4454 gimme shout tomorrow. in the mean time download a program called teamviewer which will give me remote access. see you then

peaceofmind313
10-19-2010, 05:59 AM
Cool ...Will do ...

Man Im so glad I stumbled across this site...

I Appriciate alll of you guys help...!!!

Pz

cricketuser
02-29-2012, 10:22 PM
thank you this guide is good