PDA

View Full Version : flashing bb 8530 to metro

szwedson
10-12-2010, 08:20 PM
I have bb 8530 sprint unlocked. When i writing metro prl file (EVDO) using
cdma workshop 3.6. I can't turn on mobile network i check Service status and is
Mobile network * none * Mobile networ provider *none*. I used QPST 2.7 .215 to write same metro prl file and mobile network working bat it's Sprint. Any sugestion how to write Metro prl file corect?

sytqemm
11-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Hi swedson .. you need the aws prl file for bb 8530 on metro pcs.. the evdo .. apparently don't work .. the llast is 3015 but anything from 3004 will work .. after the flash the aws file to get the last prl just dial *228 and follow the prompt until got the update prl... and then you got it... metro has 3 type the prl non-evdo evdo and aws(tri band) just take a look on the spec and descrip on the metro pcs website ....BTW good lock on the file hunting ... sorry don't have it ...

osanordal
11-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Hello szwedson. if you get to flash it and get the metro pcs network can you share your settings with me please?? I have tried everything nothing works for me.. thanks

J03D3
11-08-2010, 05:14 PM
in the main tab of cdma ws, go to mode click on mode-offline then mode reset. sometimes the phone gets stuck on download mode and it doesnt come off. if this doesnt work then it might be an antenna problem or some of the nv items have been tempered with. to check if it is write a verizon prl and check if the signal comes on. if it doesnt then you have a bad antenna or the nv items are messed up. make sure after you change the prl to go to manage connections and turn your mobile network on. if you have any more problems with it, you can pm or post them here.