PDA

View Full Version : [Moved] How to fully flash my htc evo to Alltel

dromel
10-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Hey I'm new to this but i have been searching the internet but can't find any thing on how to flash my HTC EVO to Alltel. The reason i say Alltel is because theirs no Cricket nor Metro PCS where i stay only Verizon and Alltel so could someone please help me are lead me in the right direction

Dex
10-09-2010, 03:02 PM
well first off welcome to gurus second to flash this fone to alltel u first need an alltel prl then u also need the HDR settings so that u can get web then finally u need to find the mms settings and the way to input htem into the fone for mms just follow the instrustions here posted for metro or cricket but replace them with the alltel settings and u are golden

Pac3comm1
10-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Welcome to Gurus and thank you for joining us! Also, you will have to find a way to get Alltel to accept your ESN into their inventory. I dont think they have a program that does that for their service.

dromel
10-09-2010, 11:13 PM
okay thanks because i have all the alltel prl's

whitey10tc
10-10-2010, 12:23 AM
Welcome to the Forum, I have moved your post to the Verizon PDA forum. Sense VZW and Alltel are partner networks. Verizon owns Alltel.

ITSa341
11-29-2010, 10:03 PM
Welcome to the Forum, I have moved your post to the Verizon PDA forum. Sense VZW and Alltel are partner networks. Verizon owns Alltel.

Verizon may own Alltel now but they are far from partner networks. Alltel customers will never receive Verizon prl no's or be allowed to connect to the full Verizon network according to what their technicians have told me. Verizon phones are not allowed to be activated on Alltel while many sprint and other carriers phones are allowed to be. Alltel has removed numerous towers NOT replaced in my area. Verizon is basically trying to force customers to move from Alltel to Verizon and the higher charges.

Most importantly, moving threads like this may cause someone to think they can hack their phone and convert it to Verizon specs and then be able to use it on Alltel accounts....which would be incorrect and maddening to the person who does all this work only to be refused by Alltel customer support when they try to activate the phone.....I am speaking from experience.

thesmitty68521
11-29-2010, 10:27 PM
Verizon may own Alltel now but they are far from partner networks. Alltel customers will never receive Verizon prl no's or be allowed to connect to the full Verizon network according to what their technicians have told me. Verizon phones are not allowed to be activated on Alltel while many sprint and other carriers phones are allowed to be. Alltel has removed numerous towers NOT replaced in my area. Verizon is basically trying to force customers to move from Alltel to Verizon and the higher charges.

Most importantly, moving threads like this may cause someone to think they can hack their phone and convert it to Verizon specs and then be able to use it on Alltel accounts....which would be incorrect and maddening to the person who does all this work only to be refused by Alltel customer support when they try to activate the phone.....I am speaking from experience.

I would agree with you on most of what you said in this post. However, to keep the forum organized, it needs to be in the Alltel/Verizon section. As with anything else that is Do it Yourself, it is the responsibility of the person wanting to do it on his or her own to do the research that is involved and find out what goes into flashing and what companies accept flashed phones and such. Cricket will accept a cardboard box with an esn on it. They don't care. As for Verizon, Sprint, etc, it is very difficult to get them to accept a flashed phone. I've heard of it being done but the person either got lucky or new someone that could/would do it for them.

whitey10tc
11-29-2010, 11:31 PM

Most importantly, moving threads like this may cause someone to think they can hack their phone and convert it to Verizon specs and then be able to use it on Alltel accounts....which would be incorrect and maddening to the person who does all this work only to be refused by Alltel customer support when they try to activate the phone.....I am speaking from experience.In the future feel free to give a shout and ask for a new forum/sub forum. But your post has caught my attention and others now as for what tech support says about no VZW on Alltel is a lie, I've helped people write alltel setting to Verizon Touch Pro's and then it took time sometimes weeks and once even a month to get Alltel to accept the foreign ESN but it happened. As for connecting to VZW this depends on market I believe, because Verizon was not the only buyer in the game "just the biggest" Element mobile and AT&T were also involved.

To my knowledge and experience Alltel will take on any device from any carrier that they currently or previously had in their lineup of devices and some they don't or have not had.
Examples
HTC Touch Pro
TP2
Touch
Diamond
Most RIM
most Feature phones
and I've seen them even accept Sprint phones from people saying they're an old Alltel model.

But for the fact that Alltel is still operating as Alltel in some area and not as a VZW MVNO it does deserve it's own forum for now. And your thread and post are first in it.

Congratulations!!!