PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Gurus Motorola Q9n Naploeon - on Cricket??

milovance
10-03-2010, 10:00 PM
I am buying one of these bad boys on ebay and I am wondering whether or not I will be able to get EVDO to work or not. I have fully flashed the original Q and the Q9 to cricket numerous times, times so I am quite familiar with the usual process. What can you guys tell me??

thesmitty68521
10-03-2010, 10:36 PM
If it is on Verizon, I don't see why not. The Q's basically have the PRL loaded to them from RSD General and all the WAP and EVDO done through there.

I am sure you can do the rapiconfig deal with this too.

Don't quote me on this as I have never even seen this phone, much less flashed it. So, I am going with my feeling that if this can be read by RSD General then you are home free.

That is my two cents.

Wrecked Johnson
10-04-2010, 12:15 PM
NO EVDO ON Q's as far as I know, ask insanecain he would know for sure!

Dex
10-04-2010, 12:32 PM
u can get evdo if u do the proper nvm file edits or if u buy Amoamares Rom for the q and q9 they are full cricket flash activate and GO GO GO

milovance
10-04-2010, 06:11 PM
I have a q9c I flashed myself and have working EVDO (kinda proxycap if a finicky B1!$%). But I got that to work with the generic and us cellular upgrade roms. No upgrade rom for the Nap, so I'm thinking it's Hex edit or bust. I might just be happy with the wifi if it is gonna be a big pain. I'll post my results once I actually have the phone and have had some time to mess around with it. Thankyou all for your help!

Dex
10-04-2010, 07:01 PM
ya i hex edited the nvm files per amos thread to no avail no evdo but hey u might have more luck

milovance
10-06-2010, 12:47 AM
I found a colaborator over on everythingwm. He's trying to get the nap to work with Metro. I figure if one of us succeeds, the other will need only follow the same steps.
This SHOULD be possible. I know it was done on the original q. We'll see. I don't even have the phone yet, but I will keep this thread alive with my progress or lack thereof once I get to work on it.

milovance
10-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Could someone kindly guide me to Amoamares thread on NVM file editing? I have tried looking for it but to no avail. I need to beef up on book learnin before I try anything and I hate to bother anyone via PM until I have done all my homework.

whitey10tc
10-07-2010, 01:09 AM
Could someone kindly guide me to Amoamares thread on NVM file editing? I have tried looking for it but to no avail. I need to beef up on book learnin before I try anything and I hate to bother anyone via PM until I have done all my homework.
I don't know if there is a thread here for it, but on howard forums you can find alot of Amo's posts just by searching down his username.