PDA

View Full Version : Need firmware for Samsung SCH-A930?

TheXev
10-03-2010, 07:41 PM
I am looking for a firmware download a SCH-A930. I need it to flash a few A930's I have that I goofed up at some point. I have a working one that is going to crap, but if I knew how to dump the firmware, I could get it off of that one. Does anyone have some advice or a firmware dump?

I've seen references on this forum for the firmware, but no downloads. I have 3 A930's that could possibly work, but only one that is fully working and that I could pull the firmware off of. The other two are stuck in Emergency Recovery Mode (don't know how I got the one into that mode... I just pressed a bunch of buttons on boot, no clue how to get them out of that mode).

If anyone could help me out, it'd be awesome. I know that the phone is older then dirt now, but I really want to recover the one I used to use so my mom can use it as a Verizon Wireless Prepay phone.

Google has not neted me the bin files... I'm sure I had them at one point, but can't locate them in my backups.

thesmitty68521
10-03-2010, 08:24 PM
I have the DLL for this phone. However, I don't have the bin file. I will look at home and see if I have it. I thought it would be on here somewhere.

You come up with a toughie there dude. lol

TheXev
10-04-2010, 07:16 PM
I thought I had the firmware uploaded somewhere... but I can't find it. I'm pretty sure that using that firmware file with the wrong software is how I jacked the one phone.

Pac3comm1
10-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Here you go bro merry christmas!

[hide-thanks]
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
[/hide-thanks]

TheXev
10-07-2010, 01:51 AM
I would like to thank Pac3comm1 for the HUGE help. I had to do some more digging to get Samsung PST working right without crashing. Easist solution I found was "install Office 2003" (WTF seriously... I couldn't find an older Visual C++ Redistributable that worked!?). After installing that, Samsung PST was easily able to flash 3 of my phones.. although I'm rather disappointed/yet delighted that it didn't clear out the settings on those phones (I got my old phone book, I thought I lost after 8 years! I can keep the streak alive!) I wish a few of the phones were factory cleared out.

So the one faulty PRL stayed on the one phone, another phone just started working like it was before, and the last one stopped doing this weird "down button" thing it was doing before I borked it (must have needed the reflash to start) and seems usable to me now!

My old v6.08 that I've had since the start... The battery dropped out of the back after flashing it successfully (I don't have enough rear covers to go around!), and now the thing gets part way threw booting (either to character OR GUI) and restarts in a fixed interval either to the GUI or offline charger prompt. This was the #1 phone I wanted to research, and I think I figured out why the PRL hasn't been showing up (from the notorious code for the phone that was known to brick the A930!?). *facepalm* I have heard of people fixing this rebooting issue, just no clue how to since no one ever explained it on the forums I looked into (they just said "oh yeah, I fixed that. *RAGE* lol)

If anyone had additional advice on fixing the reboot issue, I'd be much obliged. Thanks again for all of the help, now my sister can have a phone while I slap around her LG VX5500!