PDA

View Full Version : Droid 2 Simple Talk and Text flash to cricket

Denver
09-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Hey guys,

Trying to do a little contributing, thought I would let everyone know something I found with the Droid2 when trying to flash to cricket, it will help you skip allot of steps in some other tutorials..

With the droid 2 in factory default settings, meaning comepletly reset and not activated on any network yet, get past initial droid set up screen by touching the four corners of the screen, starting upper left and go clockwise..

after you are past that skip over the setup and get to your home screen, open your dialer and dial *22804 and send, this will write a cricket prl and your nam to phone..

talk and regular text will work perfectly.. on my phone it downloaded PRL 32100 on the Droid 2 which is set up in crickets system as the (Sanyo M6000), on my actual cricket android device (Sanyo M6000) it has PRL 42100.. they are both on the 60Z android plan.

After this, I wrote 42100 prl to the phone with cdma workshop... wrote NV items from whiterabbit.org with cdma workshop

used QPST to write username and pass in the PPP tab

[Only registered and activated users can see links]
pass = cricket

thats it, nice and easy and you have full talk/text/web/gps

I am working on mms right now, not a huge priorty since I just send all my pics etc.. through my email address which works fine.

So while I cant say its a full flash solution, it does everything I need it to do

p.s. after you program with *22804 you can start using just the base *228 without a problem.. if you try just the 228 first it will just try to activate on verizon instead of cricket

Wrecked Johnson
09-26-2010, 12:50 PM
And if you want to know how to do wap and MMS come over to my thread.

Superb Hijack!!!!!!!!!!!

Denver
09-26-2010, 01:07 PM
And if you want to know how to do wap and MMS come over to my thread.

Superb Hijack!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish I could :) without cdma workshop I am out of luck getting NV items to write, been searching for 4 days and cant find anything else to use to do this.

I really wish you could buy like a 1 hour key for cdma workshop, so I could get this done

Wrecked Johnson
09-27-2010, 09:12 AM
Talk to someone around here that might be local to you and see if they might be willing to let you use their WS to write your NV Items.

whitey10tc
09-27-2010, 12:13 PM
Try using WS 2.7. You can do it, I used it for over a yr before I found a good deal on 3.5 now 3.6.

Denver
09-28-2010, 08:13 AM
Try using WS 2.7. You can do it, I used it for over a yr before I found a good deal on 3.5 now 3.6.

is 2.7 out there for free? only versions I have found were riddled with viruses... I even tried getting out and old computer and using the demo version, but it wont let you send spc to phone, so cant write the nv items or prl with demo. When I get the money I plan on getting the full registered version so I can do flashes for the knoxville area, only place I know of around here that does it charges way to much, and they have never done a droid2. They say if I want to bring it in they can "look" at it to see what they can do.. but I am not going to teach someone to flash my phone and then pay them for it...

Ill keep looking for 2.7 though, thanks for the help :)

123456&
09-28-2010, 08:25 AM
There is free version of WS 2.7 crack out. but if you have an antivirus isntalled in your pc always will detect virus.
what you should do is desable your antivirus for a while and use WS 2.7.

Denver
09-30-2010, 01:51 PM
There is free version of WS 2.7 crack out. but if you have an antivirus isntalled in your pc always will detect virus.
what you should do is desable your antivirus for a while and use WS 2.7.

Thanks man.. got this version.. everything worked perfectly, updated OP with this info

BigD
09-30-2010, 04:50 PM
Thanks this is a good thread this helps with the droid i just purchased now i need to get cdma workshop to get net-mms-gps and to reflash my droid that is stuck in bootloader lol but good thread.

San Antone RR
11-22-2010, 03:11 AM
This is MILES deeper than a jailbreak and unlock on an Iphone. I have been doing those forever. Lots of reading in my near future.

army_one17
01-21-2011, 01:48 PM
I found in sdx-developers this guide to do full flash on motorola droid 2, anyway i dont have a d2 for test it, try it and let to know how work, i dont know if is the same like Wrek Jhonson, but thanks guys for your contribution.

BillA
03-08-2011, 02:31 AM
is 2.7 out there for free? only versions I have found were riddled with viruses... I even tried getting out and old computer and using the demo version, but it wont let you send spc to phone, so cant write the nv items or prl with demo. When I get the money I plan on getting the full registered version so I can do flashes for the knoxville area, only place I know of around here that does it charges way to much, and they have never done a droid2. They say if I want to bring it in they can "look" at it to see what they can do.. but I am not going to teach someone to flash my phone and then pay them for it...

Ill keep looking for 2.7 though, thanks for the help :)

To send the SPC successfully, in HWVSP Virtual Serial Port tab disable external NVT and in the Settings tab also disable NVT. This was the only way I could send the SPC without failing.

Enjoy,
BillA