PDA

View Full Version : verizon blackberrystorm

mroung
09-25-2010, 12:04 AM
So i have the blackberry storm from verizon and flashed to cricket. i got my internet to work using pst on here, but my pic messaging won't work. what do i need to do to get this to work?

Pac3comm1
09-25-2010, 12:14 AM
This should be what you need
[hide-thanks]
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
[/hide-thanks]
connect phone to pc
open desktop manager and select backup restore
go to advanced tab
above left box select file and browse to the books you just dl'ed
once loaded in left box, go to phone select options, advanced options, servicebook
turn phone sideways and show keyboard
hold down number key until lock appears then type 4 ? 2 ? without spaces
this will enable legacy mode. You will know b cuz it will say legacy mode enabled
on desktop manager, click arrow in between left and right field pointing right this will load service books into the phone. you should be all set. Good luck!

mroung
09-25-2010, 12:23 AM
it is still saying receiving content

thesmitty68521
09-25-2010, 12:26 AM
Another method that works that is more time consuming as well, is to download Crack Utilities and then Click on the "intermediate tab" and "Retrieve Files" Then look for Net_BB_Browser_Dameon and then click on remove file. This will cause a box "Grid Index error" to pop up and then restart your device. Once your device is restarted you can go to the Desktop manager and then advanced and then open the servicebook and load it to the phone. Once you have done that then you can go back to Crack utilities and click on the middle tab and then "load file to device" Then a screen with your file you just deleted will pop up. Click on that and your device will restart and BAM! you have a browser that says Cricket on it.

I will warn you now. Be very careful with Crack Utilities. Don't experiment with it, you can seriously damage your phone.

Pac3comm1
09-25-2010, 12:27 AM
you might need to call cricket and have your account refreshed. But first pull battery for ten seconds and reinstall. If that doesnt work call cricket and ask the rep to refresh your account.

thesmitty68521
09-25-2010, 12:35 AM
it is still saying receiving content

If you have the servicebooks loaded on the phone and see the "Cricket Globe" Check these items:

1) Make sure there isn't an IT Policy on your phone. You can do this by going to Security>Firewall and seeing if it is disabled. If it is enabled then you likely have an IT Policy on it that you need to remove.

2) Check your MNC/Country Code. They should be 310/00. Sometimes you will see "311/27. That may stop data services from working.

3) Try to OTAP the phone to make sure you have the latest PRL on it. You can do this by changing the Blackberry Reg ID to your SID and then when the device restarts dial *228.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

4) Call customer service or go to a Cricket store and have them refresh your account.

If those steps don't work then hmmmm. Check back with us and we can help you out more.

mroung
09-29-2010, 07:25 PM
how do i t2 and 3. lol im sorry im a rookie

Pac3comm1
09-29-2010, 07:27 PM
connect phone to pc
open desktop manager and select backup restore
go to advanced tab
above left box select file and browse to the books you just dl'ed
once loaded in left box, go to phone select options, advanced options, servicebook
turn phone sideways and show keyboard
hold down number key until lock appears then type 4 ? 2 ? without spaces
this will enable legacy mode. You will know b cuz it will say legacy mode enabled
on desktop manager, click arrow in between left and right field pointing right this will load service books into the phone. you should be all set. Good luck!

mroung
09-29-2010, 07:27 PM
and do i suppose to have a certain app on my phone for texting

Pac3comm1
10-11-2010, 01:54 AM
you may need to also update your apps to add blackberry attachment service for texting. (why it isnt there i dunno)
open desktop manager>update software>add/remove apps
select blackberry attachment service and whatever else you want to add
click update.
Let it do its thing and wait for it to reset.
Presto!