PDA

View Full Version : How do I do a full flash to cricket for the htc evo 4g ? Can anyone please help me ?

benthinking79
09-23-2010, 09:18 AM
I just need instructions how to flash the evo 4g htc to cricket I need help doing a full flash can anyone please help me ?

Dex
09-23-2010, 09:30 AM
I just need instructions how to flash the evo 4g htc to cricket I need help doing a full flash can anyone please help me ?
First off welcome to gurus second u need to search for the answers u seek google is ur friend once u find the answers and u have trouble doin it thats when u ask questions

i will say tho if u look in the sales section of this forum under flashing solutions u will find the answers u seek

thesmitty68521
09-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Welcome to Gurus! The EVO can be fully flashed to Cricket service, that is the good news. Here is the thread that will get you to the promised land: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Now, if you are not interested in buying the solution, there are other options available. Look around xda-developers.com, ppcgeeks.com, and other Android forums. They give a lot of insight as well on the process.

Right here on Gurus, we also have a whole section on all things Android.

I will say if this is your first phone you have ever flashed, then you are starting out on a whopper. lol I would recommend either paying someone to do it, or do a lot of reading and perhaps start with a more simple phone and build your confidence.

It would be a bad deal if you bricked that phone because of a mistake.

On a side note, if you wanted to give up on flashing it, I would buy it from you for $50. Just let me know what your paypal address is. I will even pay for the shipping.

whitey10tc
09-23-2010, 10:58 AM
I just need instructions how to flash the evo 4g htc to cricket I need help doing a full flash can anyone please help me ?Welcome to the forum, I moved your thread to the cricket/Android/HTC forum, where it might gain more attention from our Android members.

Now as for flashing it, well just a brief summary of what you need to do.
1st install drivers
2nd Root
3rd Choose a good ROM and kernel
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
5th Read and change SPC and write NV's with CDMA WS
6th load PRL with CDMA WS
7th Write all the NAM and EVDO setting with CDMA WS
Now step 8 will depend on your cricket plan.
If your on the Android plan then good, if not you will need U2nL, autostart.apk, and autostart.sh files.

Well anyway do a little research on it and all I mentioned above, feel free to ask questions we're here to help.

Keep in mind this is a brief summary, I may have left something out.

Austin Fisher
12-10-2010, 12:55 AM
What down speeds are you getting? I am getting 175k down...seems kind of low.