PDA

View Full Version : There is a new Gurus

thesmitty68521
09-21-2010, 01:18 PM
I want to thank you all for the patience the last couple of days with the site being down. We have it back up and running now.

You will notice some of the features are gone. We are going more for a simple look with complete functionality.

The shoutbox will be taken off the site effective Friday September 24, 2010.

Dex
09-21-2010, 02:36 PM
we are gonna miss the chatbox but if u really need immediate support u can check out palringo and the cdma gurus chat group a lot of advanced members are there and are willing to help if the concern is truly pressing.

eric303
09-21-2010, 02:50 PM
:( RIP chat box, loved that feature, makes us feel more connected

Pac3comm1
09-21-2010, 03:35 PM
SEE you on Palringo!

Mr._Pseudonym
09-21-2010, 07:04 PM
:^/ It was a useful feature, and I'll miss it, but if it's dragging the system down, then it should go.

whitey10tc
09-21-2010, 07:16 PM
It has it's pro's and cons. I've seen members ask questions that the answers are posted all over the web. But are just to **** to search for it. And some solutions that could have helped future members/searchers have been lost there.

thesmitty68521
09-21-2010, 08:59 PM
That is exactly my main gripe about the chatbox. About 90% of the help that is asked in the chatbox is easily found on the forum itself or even by a Google search. And the ones that are tougher and require several people chiming in, never get put on the forum.

The problem is, you can't really fault people for heading to the chatbox for help since they are here to ask for help. To them, it is just another way to get help and perhaps get it even faster than if they posted a question.

It's only Tuesday. The forum leaders will discuss it more by Friday and see what to do once it gets here. I am looking for the members input as well so we can get a feel for how popular it really is. Or if it is something that nobody will miss.

My ultimate goal in this forum is simple: A very simple and bland website that is easy to navigate, bug free, and contains a wealth of information for those who like to search for answers. I'm not big on fancy or a ton of features. Just flat out information and functionality. Perhaps down the road when this is firing on all cylinders we can add some crazy stuff to it. But that is for another day and time. :)

ljay67
09-21-2010, 11:02 PM
I for one, think the sire is near-flawless and is easy to get around, especially to all the people I recommend this site to (the people that flash phones under me lol)

Genuwine1976
09-21-2010, 11:22 PM
I will truely miss it as well but the pointers about it are right, so good by chat box

Wrecked Johnson
09-22-2010, 09:43 AM
I love my chatbox, this hurts. I'm gonna miss you friend maybe one day we will meet again.