PDA

View Full Version : Tool to zero out meid/esn in novatel mifi 4082

rich hathaway
11-27-2016, 01:54 PM
This is my meid/esn reset tool being used on mifi 4082 sprint,like my other tools it is not for sale but it is for hire, if you need it contact me.
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

sheryngan
11-27-2016, 08:41 PM
Excellent... I can do this model but its not faster than 4510

rich hathaway
11-28-2016, 11:27 AM
No, but it shouldn't be, it is kind of a trade-off in that the 4082 has a lessor processor but does have sd support and the 4510 has the faster newer chipset but with no ext storage.
When you say you can do that one also, you mean you can also zero it out?
Most people that can do it, do so by loading the wrong binary file to it or an empty binary, which is very risky and not the proper way to do it and will end in bricking some devices, the correct way is to temporarily set security for those items in the nv and nvm (efs) in the device for the MEID and pESN to allow a one time write by default then the security gets set back to factory values after which the efs will properly rebuild its-self upon cold boot to reflect the changes with no possibility of creating bad blocks or a binary brick, anyway its a cool little device and works good on vzw pp

sheryngan
11-29-2016, 08:04 PM
Dont Complicate things... Just upload the right loader.. erase efs2... write meid or esn. and load a qcn...

Apply this procedure to all your firmwares... you shouldnt take more than 2 minutes in remote flash

sheryngan
11-29-2016, 09:01 PM
All novatel devices if you erase efs2 or efs2qdsp partition, doesn't matter if is by qtools oem firmware qpst or fastboot commands... your ESN MEID and IMEI will be ZEROS.
after that you only load a ZEROS edited QCN. Thats it... this metod will rebuild efs.. its already posted... I didnt invented... I just applied and made universal novatel method...

rich hathaway
11-29-2016, 09:18 PM
I was telling the correct and safe way to do it, it is why it is what the factory does, you must have not watched the video or you would have noticed my way only takes one minute and is no chance of bricks, cant be to complicated if it only takes a minute right. I am only changing 6 efs items and 6 nv items not deleting an entire partition. The factory way is a much better way.
You should be careful what you tell people to do as it is VERY easy to brick your device when you erase the efs or any other partition and it should be done with care and some knowledge about it other than a person in a forum telling them to go and delete some partition in there devices, so be careful people.

sheryngan
11-29-2016, 09:48 PM
I am not taking credit to you... Of corse youre the master... tha maximal gurus... But I think you already have the unbrick tool.. why not give them a chance... and you could make an extra money for your unbrick tool. And sorry I'm a RF engineer not a programmer... all that I know about programming is by learning other languajes and read a lot in russian, malasian, even chinese... Punish me if I deserve

rich hathaway
11-30-2016, 01:02 PM
LOL did you just say "Punish me" there is no need to punish anyone, this is an open forum and your not breaking any rules, I only wish to warn our members of the potential danger of deleting a partition from a device, many device will not rebuild the efs on cold boot for them if you delete the efs partition your device will brick beyond the point of even powering up and will require some direct chip connect like jtag to repair them, my tools are for hire to whomever needs it,and I only make them because its part of how I earn my living and at some point I will either sell or post all my tools for everyone to use when I get out of this business, that day is coming soon.
We need people to post to help keep the forums alive, since crickets sellout flashing has been dying so we welcome all posts but we need to always remember there many of our members that are new to this and that is not a procedure that they should undergo so its good to post with caution and warn of possible problems ect. but please keep posting you are not in any troubles.