PDA

View Full Version : Flashing a Verizon TXT8010 TO Cricket TXT8026C

dlee7283@gmail.com
09-09-2010, 05:05 PM
I have a 8010 and want to flash it to a 8026c

I have found a file called T8026CK9711F.155 that I think is the dump of the 8026c, but I dont know what software it is used in.

Also the 8010 drivers only work for XP 32bit, so I had to load a virtual machine from Win7. I tried to use CDMA workshop and it says it won't work in a virtual machine.

I am not even sure if the file is used in CDMA workshop. I just want to know of UTStarCom flashing software.

Thanks!

dalia1989
09-09-2010, 06:28 PM
you need utstarcom software to load that bin and it wont work right too many people try it already

09-09-2010, 07:33 PM
yeah, the differences between the two phones look to be too great for you to be able to just swap the firmware.

What's your main goal? To change wake-up graphics and the like on the 8010 to CricKet?

Dex
09-09-2010, 07:37 PM
If u attempt to swap firm u will have a brick they look the same but the hardware is def different
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

dlee7283@gmail.com
01-20-2011, 10:53 AM
oh ok, so u can't use that file to flash it

sorry for the late reply back and necro but how do u set up this phone so it can be used on the cricket network to make phone calls. Trust me I have looked around for months and tried everything I just don't know what program I should be using.

rich hathaway
01-20-2011, 11:39 AM
ok here is the flash pack for the txt8010 , thanks to cain, but listen to dex this WILL NOT WORK WITH EITHER OF THE 8026 MODELS

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

dlee7283@gmail.com
01-21-2011, 04:11 AM
Thanks for looking around for me but I used that same pack before and it has nothing in it that can flash you to the cricket network. That is what I am trying to do with this 8010, enable it to work on a cricket network for voice. I am not worried about MMS.

I also used the UTStarcom software for the 8010 and that is just for setting up the MMS to work on cricket but I still can't find a way to get off the Verizon network and get on Cricket's so that feature could work to begin with.

rich hathaway
01-21-2011, 09:59 AM
dude, all you need for talk and text is just plug the phone write the .prl, and sid.if its prepaid you will need the spc(buy it or scan for it) if it is not the spc is already 0's it takes about a minute and a half to flash that phone for t&t. if you have workshop use it to write the mdn,min if not try ota programming. thats a super easy one to do.

dlee7283@gmail.com
01-21-2011, 11:41 AM
dude, all you need for talk and text is just plug the phone write the .prl, and sid.if its prepaid you will need the spc(buy it or scan for it) if it is not the spc is already 0's it takes about a minute and a half to flash that phone for t&t. if you have workshop use it to write the mdn,min if not try ota programming. thats a super easy one to do.

Sorry I am just use to using monster files with Motorola type phones, this thing is alot more difficult.

I am able to find the sid for my location (Memphis,TN) but I don't know where to find the nid.
where can I buy this spc or scan for it? Can this be done is UTStarComm's txt8010 tools? I would buy CDMA Workshop but I can't justify paying $100 for just one phone. I want to pay them something though.
I have tried writing the mdn, but it doesn't matter because I am still on Verizon's network with my Cricket number.

I even tried manual programming but it doesn't work either
##7764726 SEND
1. SERVICE CODE : 000000 OK
2. NAM-General / MOBILE DIRECTORY NUMBER (MDN) / PRESS CLEAR TO GO BACK
3. NAM CDMA SETTINGS / CHANGE THE SYSTEM IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (SID)
4. MIN 1 = ENTER THE 7 DIGIT OF THE MIN
5. MIN 2 = ENTER THE AREA CODE OF THE MIN
6. ONCE THE PHONE NUMBERS AND SID ARE CHANGED THEN PRESS CLEAR UNTIL YOU SEE “##PROGRAM” MENU
7. SCROLL DOWN TO IS-95/1X DATA PARAMETERS AND SCROLL DOWN TO MIP NAI
8. CHANGE TO
PRESS OK
9. SCROLL DOWN TO SIP NAI AND CHANGE TO
PRESS OK
10. PRESS THE END KEY
11. NOW YOUR PHONE IS PROGRAMMED FOR CRICKET

rich hathaway
01-21-2011, 06:09 PM
nid is 65535 you can buy the spc from me or a few others here,however you can get this yourself with workshop. or you may try with a calculator although i am not sure if a calculator will give the correct code,i dont think it will. or have someone with a account in good standing call verizon custy service and they might give it or just buy it.

tsaharms
01-21-2011, 08:56 PM
If it is a verizon phone, dial *22807 then hit the call button. You will have talk and text in less than a minute

Sent from a Galaxy far, far away, using Tapatalk Pro

rich hathaway
01-21-2011, 10:14 PM
If it is a verizon phone, dial *22807 then hit the call button. You will have talk and text in less than a minute

he has to get the spc to unlock the phone, and then write the .prl and sid before it will call out to cricket to ota program.

tsaharms
01-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Dont need the prl. I do this on phones at least 4 tomes a day.
To do JUST *228 will go to verizon, bit when you add the 07 it forces it to crickets ota and downloads the prl for.
As for the spc, pm me the esn or meid and I will get you the spc.

rich hathaway
01-21-2011, 11:50 PM
thats weird i just tried this on 2 different verizon phones. one would not connect to anything (pixi) and one, moto v262 went straight to verizon because,well, it has a verizon .prl in it. i am interested in this as if it works with any phone it would be somewhat of an anomally,but very usefull. i have never heard of it. please tell us some more about what phones this works on for you,and maybe your market which one yer in. and what carrier is on the phones that this works on.

tsaharms
01-22-2011, 12:10 AM
This works on every phone as long as spc is 0's and it is set up properly in CID. If 07 doesnt work try 04.

rich hathaway
01-22-2011, 12:41 AM
This works on every phone as long as spc is 0's and it is set up properly in CID. If 07 doesnt work try 04.

no, wrong brother this will not work on every phone and wont ever work on any android phone that is on the android plan,or any phone on the android plan for that matter, you see they dont work with ota programming. *22804 was made for sprint phones because of there difficulty ota programming because of hard to get rid of provisioning. but if you already got the spc, it takes about 5 seconds to write the .prl that will make it connect to cricket and get all things updated with working ota programming that in most cases will not work without a cricket .prl
and 04 wont work without it, i will try 07 on a few different ones tomorrow and post our findings, but preliminary results are in and it is 0 fer 2

tsaharms
01-22-2011, 12:50 AM
As I said, this is only for talk and text. But it works every time for me. And I get to charge $25 for doing this without ever leaving the front counter.

I will post youtube video later to prove it

dlee7283@gmail.com
01-24-2011, 02:15 PM
*22804 works on this txt8010, I think it is because I have the SPC set to all 0's so I hear the activation screen for Cricket.

u can also use *22805 *22806

Only problem is that I think I messed up my ESN by loading some prepaid file in UTStarComm tools so the ESN isn't the same as it is under the phone.

Anyway thanks for all the help on this thread, I am sure it will help alot of people in the future with this phone

tsaharms
01-27-2011, 04:23 PM
no, wrong brother this will not work on every phone and wont ever work on any android phone that is on the android plan,or any phone on the android plan for that matter, you see they dont work with ota programming. *22804 was made for sprint phones because of there difficulty ota programming because of hard to get rid of provisioning. but if you already got the spc, it takes about 5 seconds to write the .prl that will make it connect to cricket and get all things updated with working ota programming that in most cases will not work without a cricket .prl
and 04 wont work without it, i will try 07 on a few different ones tomorrow and post our findings, but preliminary results are in and it is 0 fer 2

as promised, Here is my video of *22807 in action. [Only registered and activated users can see links]

rich hathaway
01-27-2011, 06:33 PM
as promised, Here is my video of *22807 in action. [Only registered and activated users can see links]

ok, because we here at guru's strive to have the most information,(correct) information this needs correcting. this is no secret that this works, but only on a few phones,and if anyone try's they will see that it will work on a few verizon lg's only,but only a few of them.

if it worked on all of them as the claim was made,it would save the flashing community thousands of man hours of working and searching for drivers and spc codes and software. but the fact is it doesnt work on most of them

the guru's & flashers have'nt been blinded from this working pointlesly to get spc's all in vein, when they could have just dialed *22804 or 07 and saved all that trouble.

so while it is no big deal for someone to dial *22804 and watch it fail, it will leave them wondering about cdma guru's and why the information here is incorrect and doesnt work.

so not impune your post tsaharms,but this does'nt work on all verizon's.(only a few verizon lg's) i personally try'ed on 4 different phones and did not work on any,but none were prepaid,and it is just to big of a pain to keep changing esn's on our test lines. so just clarifying for guru surfers and try'in to keep it real...