PDA

View Full Version : How we can pull the SCR and all file from a LG VX8500

wastaboo
09-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Hello can someone tell me how we cam pull the SCR and all files from the LG phones the LG Download only have the PRL and the ERI do we need to use deferent software, i use the Qpst i got a bak but i try the Factory Image but for some reason it tells me that. Coun't Open Flash Programing File.

Thank you :cool:

thesmitty68521
09-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Perhaps an easier route to take would be to ask for the SCR of that particular phone. I doubt there is a way to pull the SCR From a phone.

You can also edit an SCR if you put ".txt" (without the quotes) at the end of the file and use notepad to open it.

wastaboo
09-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Thanks you for the info, i found in the firmare section for the lg vx8500 and my quistion is? is the SCR file for V07 the same as the V03, becouse i got i new page plus and i was thinking on pulling the files from that phone befour i activated, and have it for future repairs , Thank you

Perhaps an easier route to take would be to ask for the SCR of that particular phone. I doubt there is a way to pull the SCR From a phone.

You can also edit an SCR if you put ".txt" (without the quotes) at the end of the file and use notepad to open it.

09-02-2010, 07:19 PM
You can't pull a SCRipt file from the phone, you would have to write one or modify an existing one since the SCRipt file is never sent to the phone, it is just followed by the LG software on your computer.

You can pull all the files required from your phone using various software, you just need to be able to access the BREW area. I think QPST has a program for the EFS and BitPim ofcourse might work for this...

Since you sound pretty new to this, I suggest you make a backup of EVERY file and put the backups away for safe keeping before you start editing any files, and remember to remove the added '.txt' from the file before you try using the LG program to run the SCRipt.

You should really start by comparing the SCRipt files you already have and understanding how the files are stored on your computer, in what folder and such.

wastaboo
09-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Yes im new with the CDMA i was good with the iDEN phones, until Boost Removed me from their list and not be authorized to sale those phones, but the good thing is now days are more choises. Befoure i never put atention to the cdma phone, i wish i started it early but never is too late lol, but i learn fast thats the good thing and thank you for the information.

You can't pull a SCRipt file from the phone, you would have to write one or modify an existing one since the SCRipt file is never sent to the phone, it is just followed by the LG software on your computer.

You can pull all the files required from your phone using various software, you just need to be able to access the BREW area. I think QPST has a program for the EFS and BitPim ofcourse might work for this...

Since you sound pretty new to this, I suggest you make a backup of EVERY file and put the backups away for safe keeping before you start editing any files, and remember to remove the added '.txt' from the file before you try using the LG program to run the SCRipt.

You should really start by comparing the SCRipt files you already have and understanding how the files are stored on your computer, in what folder and such.