PDA

View Full Version : Mifi hotspots & $5 data has changed as of 9-25-16 ******read this if you have one****

rich hathaway
09-26-2016, 01:30 PM
***************This is a notice to my clients and anyone else it may effect**************
As of 9-25-16 big red has made some significant changes to the mifi world with specific regard to $5 data.
The changes are as follows--
This is what we know--
the cost of opening prepaid accounts has been increased by 10 dollars per account!

This is what we do not know
The cost of renewing after time has expired.
So to spell it out for everyone basically everything is the same except for the cost of opening and funding a prepaid account and the time given for said funds.The initial payment of $15 will only render ONE month of service now, not 2.

The part we do not know yet is after the initial time expires on the account after opening it it is not clear if the accounts time can be extended with the regular $5 payment or if it will take another 15 bucks to extend it, this will not be known until 10-26-16
There is a (so far working)workaround or exploit in place now that has been found and is being tested by my partner and I and will be put into production after 120 days of testing starting from 9-25-16

So thats it you can keep on enjoying your flashed mifis in the usual way while you pay a bit more for the airtime to big red!
comments are welcome this thread will stay open until it no longer applies or is useful.

NurseMedic
11-04-2016, 08:24 PM
Is there an update on this?

JaiFar1996
11-06-2016, 12:17 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

alcatrazcc
11-10-2016, 11:58 PM
damn this sucks if true :(

JaiFar1996
11-11-2016, 10:25 AM
Vzw will close his method soon

rilderbeast
11-11-2016, 04:35 PM
How can you say if "he" sells it to one individual? This is my work, want a free account as proof? PM me, Not everyone's a noob who's labeled one, Rich was my mentor since I can remember and I've taken my own steps to go about stuff, such as I state in my description, Rich is better than me at this though doesn't know every trick in the book, I decided to retain the info to myself permanently now and remove the ad, that was stupid to sell information anyway.

sheryngan
11-19-2016, 10:15 AM
I discovered. the untold bypass... but acording with you country law. you are commiting a federal crime. so be aware

rich hathaway
11-19-2016, 10:43 AM
Federal crime? if that is so then you are doing something totally different than I am

sheryngan
11-19-2016, 11:05 AM
If you don't pay the minimal 15 dollar means that you use the credit card option. thats what I mean.

rich hathaway
11-19-2016, 12:11 PM
Hmm, OK I am not sure where federal crime comes into play there but I do not use cc option so you found something different than what I am doing.

JaiFar1996
11-19-2016, 08:47 PM
???? WHy not refill cards? They still work at least in all the accts Ive seen

sheryngan
11-19-2016, 11:38 PM
The federal crime.. Is bypassing the 15 dollars payment. if you create an account paying only 5 dollars instead of 15 thats an electronic fraud. So electronic frauds are FBI juridistction... If I understand FBI is federal. so... please forgive me if I see this way the 5 dollars account creation.

JaiFar1996
11-20-2016, 09:24 AM
I'm pretty sure it's not a "by-pass" if the system allows it. It states that you just won't receive the full benefits of the plan if you load less than $15

rich hathaway
11-20-2016, 10:59 AM
If you are illegally breaking into a server or similar it is a crime. period.
If you are taking advantage of a public domain or the likes and the owner has offered it for the public's use there is NO crime.period.

So in short it is a public service they made available to the public for the public to use and there is no legality issue until someone breaks into there server which is not what is happening here so lets stay calm and not throw anyone in any virtual prison until they actually commit a crime

sheryngan
11-22-2016, 03:17 AM
Sorry mr. Richard ... It never was my intention to scare people.... Im Mexican, Law is very strict to mexicans....
So I really apretiate the unveiled information That I had missundertud....

SO !!!!!!BETTER CALL SAUL!!!!!! LOL...

Thank you so much guys!!!

nickphx
11-22-2016, 11:18 AM
I believe you're confused and should seek professional legal counsel.

JaiFar1996
11-22-2016, 09:03 PM
sooo...???? What's the flashing question? Or are new members just signing up just to warn others not to flash?

sheryngan
11-22-2016, 10:22 PM
I already visit the counsel. and as a mexican I should commit a federal crime if I mess with the 5 dollars acount creation... In other words I must change my appetizers to 15 dollar at mont. Not 5.

whitey10tc
11-22-2016, 10:32 PM
Sorry mr. Richard ... It never was my intention to scare people.... Im Mexican, Law is very strict to mexicans....
So I really apretiate the unveiled information That I had missundertud....

SO !!!!!!BETTER CALL SAUL!!!!!! LOL...

Thank you so much guys!!!

I already visit the counsel. and as a mexican I should commit a federal crime if I mess with the 5 dollars acount creation... In other words I must change my appetizers to 15 dollar at mont. Not 5.Are you in Mexico? If you're in the USA legally there's nothing to worry about. But if you're in Mexico things might be a little different. But $15 is still a great deal.

JaiFar1996
11-23-2016, 08:31 AM
Are you in Mexico? If you're in the USA legally there's nothing to worry about. But if you're in Mexico things might be a little different. But $15 is still a great deal.

....not sure how he's gonna OTA vzw keys in MEX

sheryngan
11-26-2016, 06:58 AM
Yes I am... I do remote flash and accounts creation from this border.... And if you guys tell me thats is fully legal... I need a way to pay tax to my country... so only this way I could make it legal at both countrys....

sheryngan
11-26-2016, 07:05 AM
....not sure how he's gonna OTA vzw keys in MEX

Im a rf engineer... I build cdma networks since 2001, And now that my contry power off cdma spectrum... I am working hard to take advantage and resurrect cdma as a hosting. Thats why I ask many legal stuff

rilderbeast
12-06-2016, 07:06 AM
I know the others have already explained this but I have done a ton of testing, research and collaborating with colleagues and it's not really a bypass, it's honestly just a few extra time consuming steps to activate for $5 instead of $15 that I'm sure many agree isn't worth the time to save just $10, even in mass amounts as I used to pump out for a living. Many flashers just activate with $15 then keep the account running in increments of $5 data cards as once you activate the account they are accepted via 611 - this works because for the average guy who say mistakenly buys 3x data cards for his gusto that he may use as a main phone wouldn't be able to block acceptance of money once the card is purchased as we all know - prepaid cards are non refundable by retailer or reseller and Verizon recognizes this and legally cannot just say "We're sorry, but you made a mistake by purchasing the wrong card and we can't let you apply this credit though have no way of refunding your purchase", make sense? Though like all of their system changes us as a community have always found our little work arounds and such which always and probably always will be patched by their servers. My theory is that Verizon obviously knows there's tons of people flashing to their prepaid service so upped the initial activation charge to a "full payment" to squeeze as much money out of us flashers who activate in bulk as possible and has been very successful at doing so, so if you're paying the company any amount of money and they activate your device then you own that service; though if you were to; as Rich stated, hack into their servers or obtain free service somehow then yes; that would be stealing and highly illegal - so no need to worry about legality as long as you're paying the company - I may not be too active in this community but am always reading up on the forums and getting inspired by people such as Rich, so I do know quite a bit about the workings of their servers and all ways to "bypass" into a cheaper activation, but as said, unless it can be revised into a simpler form (which Rich may be doing) then I'd just stick to the nice, quick and simple $15 activation.

But Rich is a man of amazing talent so I assume he's already got it worked out fully and like I said revising it to a much simpler less time consuming way to save on activation costs; Rich is awesome and I'd be nowhere close to where I am without his inspiration so thanks for being the figurehead of the community man!

rilderbeast
12-06-2016, 07:23 AM
But sheryngan; I'm in no way encouraging law breaking of any type BUT Verizon is a US company, which from what I understand is not available in most Canada and Mexico, so ANY laws that apply to their activation methods should NOT descriminate upon anyone with the knowledge of how to use it, I am unsure of Mexican law though if like I assume; you're doing remote work or any work in a close border area (which some US law may apply to you), then you are within your rights to activate as any American citizen without the need for citizenship, if the device is being used in the US, otherwise that is discrimination and morally and legally incorrect and you should be good to do any $5 activation method you know of, and I hope this doesn't come out wrong but it's not like they would log you for each account and monitor the balance of each account as that's an invasion of privacy on both yours and Verizon's part (also Verizon would most likely not disclose any information as 99% of companies do when working outside their own government except for in serious cases); though I am not encouraging lying if it comes down to it, you could say you have an American colleague that helps with activation which I personally would assist with in any way as I am full blown American and all American laws would apply to myself, freeing you to operate within your own law and my own law without any repercussions. Also they just don't have the right to tack you on something as petty as a little extra profit per activation, plenty do it man; no legal repercussions should happen for doing so as none have in the past with CDMA flashing not envolving any type of serial altering (which some still do, but I'd highly disencourage that as its illegal in both our countries) so good luck and I hope any of this helped!

bakenast
12-09-2016, 07:50 PM
I just added money to my account and relized it was expired, it was 15$ should this last 90 days since my mifi was expired and still working

rich hathaway
12-10-2016, 11:03 AM
it will only extend your time by a month then after that your number will go into the recycle pool and be terminated and reassigned in 90 days so at that time for it to work again it will have to be reflashed to a new account.

candikel
12-10-2016, 07:18 PM
Hello, Rich today i checked my vzaccount and get this recorded messages From December 31 my verizon services will no longer be available on your device.. they will discontinue the gusto 2?

rich hathaway
12-10-2016, 07:52 PM
They are stopping the myverizon service and will no longer take payments over the phone in the automated system is the word, so I think what you will have to do is make an account online then use the chat to make your pin payment (I think) Im not sure if they will offer a diff way or not to make your payments.

This is rumored to start on the 29th of this month.
I am going to make a website that will take and make the 5 dollar pmnts with one click. its for peeps to be able to keep there mifis running. Probly will charge a buck so will be 6 bucks or something since I will have to buy and store the pins ahead of time.

candikel
12-10-2016, 07:58 PM
sound good. let us know when the website is ready... thank you

rilderbeast
12-12-2016, 07:03 PM
It sounded like they were pulling the ability for donors to access Internet (it's called "My Verizon" on a gusto)

rich hathaway
12-12-2016, 09:08 PM
they are pulling the way most peeps made there payment via the 888 number and forcing you to make an account and do it online (I think by chat) or by dialing #bal from the donars which most people do not have, but they are not deny'n web access. on the gusto its called mobile web, the my verizon is there kinda of spam/brew/place to buy ringtones and other bs, but really no one knows exactly what will happen on the 29th, they may kick off all the mifis off again they certainly are not going to advertise that but they are changing some stuff for sure. we will see soon.