PDA

View Full Version : fully flash phone

hammergunner
08-31-2010, 07:41 PM
ok people are posting that they have fully flashed droids to cricket

and here im thinking......what....i just dealt with the whole blackberry problem and now this, so is the droid just like the blackberry, Talk,text,wap internet but no applications

or is it a god send? that can have it all with working apps?

i dont want to spend money on something that wont work

Pac3comm1
08-31-2010, 07:54 PM
Im not sure with cricket but with metro you get web, mms, talk, text, gps, email, youtube, and market access.

DankOfOwnage
08-31-2010, 08:05 PM
Yes...u get everything with Cricket

hammergunner
08-31-2010, 08:08 PM
thank you, i will be getting the phone then, and tossing this blackberry 8530 away for cheap.

Wrecked Johnson
09-01-2010, 11:55 AM
I can make all things work on any android CDMA device but MMS is an issue for me just not that interested in it seems like a pain in the ass.

ArkieKDealer
09-01-2010, 12:14 PM
I can make all things work on any android CDMA device but MMS is an issue for me just not that interested in it seems like a pain in the ass.

Same here...especially with the no proxy plan. So far even MMS is gravy except on Moments.

eric303
09-01-2010, 12:23 PM
are you getting it locally? Droid flash is particular to the MDN, so if you bought a droid that was already working fully flashed on somone elses account and you put it onto your account, its not going to work. you will need to find a local shop to reprovision it for your MDN.

hammergunner
09-03-2010, 06:36 AM
what do you mean?

it would have to be reprovision? you mean the PRL file?

its already on there for my city, so what does that mean its already loaded with Cyanogenmod 6.0.0 droid RC3 do i need to do any further flashing, updating of the prl, or just enter my phone number, Min
and have cricket add the MEID?

Wrecked Johnson
09-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Same here...especially with the no proxy plan. So far even MMS is gravy except on Moments.

Help me then Mr. MMS is GRAVY!!!!! Just kidding but seriously help me with MMS yo.

hammergunner
09-04-2010, 03:35 AM
if my phone has a rom already on it and has super user permissions app does this mean my droid is already rooted

Wrecked Johnson
09-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Let me ask do you have a copy of CDMA Workshop, have you looked in the android motorola forums for the walkthrough. I have posted a link to a walkthrough for this device just follow that. Good Luck! Also if you are running a custom rom you have root. This site has a lot of info on this device just take a quick second to read it before you jump in and start making changes in your device. I basically read the thread about what I wan to do, I read the comments and replies to see what if any issues have occured and adjust accordingly. I will be more than happy to help just send me a message if you have any trouble.

hammergunner
09-05-2010, 02:53 AM
thanks ive already flash the phone for my line now just to connect it to my service