PDA

View Full Version : Bypass The BIS

hammergunner
08-31-2010, 08:05 AM
would there be any way to bypass the BIS so that a cheaper data plan can make all the apps work or is getting the blackberry plan the only means. my wap works great and 1 game Guitar Hero 5 is able to download data.

but everything else doesnt work, google maps, navigation, weather bug etc

so what do u all think?

Phone is the Curve 8530

and i never did the IOTA bypass what does that mean?
ive already used *228 and got my newest prl for cricket for my area(posted here)
so does that mean i dont need the IOTA or what?

Pac3comm1
08-31-2010, 08:07 AM
Not gonna happen my friend.

hammergunner
08-31-2010, 08:08 AM
so then the blackberry plan is the only way?

and what about the IOTA

hammergunner
08-31-2010, 08:10 AM
if i have to i will just get the better plan, i came this far, so whats a little more

Pac3comm1
08-31-2010, 08:15 AM
On a flashed device all you can have that functions is wap, mms, talk and text. Gps perhaps can be configured but as far as the rest of the apps they wont work. I suggest you read the other threads in this forum and it will give you a better idea of what functions and what doesnt. Read first, then ask questions.

Wrecked Johnson
08-31-2010, 10:48 AM
No way to do it that is ethical IMO also cricket has an agreement with blackberry for this exact issue and blackberry and cricket both say no. My indirects were very specific with me when they told me "no funny stuff, no fully functional blackberry's or you will be fined and or lose your license".

Pac3comm1
08-31-2010, 11:40 AM
On that note. Close thread please.

Dex
08-31-2010, 12:51 PM
Thread Closed due to the circumstances there are ways to get GPS working but that is up in the air the flashed blackberrys on cricket are not suppose to be on the blackberry plan period if u attempt to put it on there u can be terminated as a dealer per the Agreement with RIM and Cricket thank you