PDA

View Full Version : I need all gurus with soldering skills to please stand up!!!!!

Pac3comm1
08-31-2010, 12:16 AM
Our bro LJ has put in alot of effort into getting this voyager flashed but is stuck due to a broken charge port. Can YOU rally in this thread And combine knowledge to help him out? He has a soldering iron, no wire, and has what it takes to make this happen. He needs our help! If you are willing to donate your knowledge to help make this happen Put your name on this list and lets see how many come together to help a GURU!!!

Ill gladly set it off!

Pacecomm1......... Who s with me?

Wrecked Johnson
08-31-2010, 10:57 AM
I can solder! Not the best but I can do it. Just give me something hot smoky and a pair of hemo's with a wet sponge!

captainkirks
08-31-2010, 01:23 PM
Just a heads up the lgs are a pain in the neck to do because of all the pins on the port. i like to use hotair to remove the old port. Good luck

MarkD426
10-09-2010, 03:06 AM
It would be best to have desolder wire. It's braided copper wire that soaks up old solder. I imagine that the contact points are very small so fine solder point and fine solder wire is best. Remember no to apply too much heat to the component or it will probably melt and or over heat.