PDA

View Full Version : [HOW TO - Tutorial] Flash Sprint Touch Pro 2 to Metro PCS, talk, text, web,mms

Pac3comm1
08-30-2010, 01:56 AM
Start by downloading these tools:
Arcsoft MMS cab
[hide-thanks]
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
[/hide-thanks]
Resco Explorer
[hide-thanks]
[/hide-thanks]
Resco Registry
[hide-thanks]
[/hide-thanks]
Task Manager
[hide-thanks]
[/hide-thanks]

*edit* (remember to flash talk and text before this and zero-out the spc)

1) Run RhodiumW's HardSPL Unlock, while the phone is connected to activesync. After the rom was updated successfully go to step 2

2)Load this ROM (courtesy of Mighty Mike At PPCG)
[hide-thanks]
[/hide-thanks]

3) Install cab listed above and install via active sync. Copy them to a folder that isnt used for anything else so they are easy to locate.

4)Open Task Mgr. and locate the CM_Guardian file. Kill it.

5)Open Resco Reg. Exp. and use binocular search (located at the bottom of screen to search for CM_Guardian in registry. Once located,
select up (located in lower left hand part of screen to navigate to the entire CM_Guardian folder. Press and hold until actions menu appears.
Select actions and select delete all.

6)WAP

A: Goto settings -> Connections -> Connections
B: Remove any connections that are there
C: Open your phone and enter ##778#, select "EDIT" and enter your unlock code.

D: Set the following values:

M.IP Settings:
MIP_MODE = Simple IP Only

M.IP Default Profile:
Home Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)
Primary HA Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)
Secondary HA Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)

Security:
PPP PASSWORD = metropcs

E: Goto Connections and delete any existing connections and setup a new one using the following settings:

Number to dail = #777
Password: metropcs
Domain: (Leave Blank)

Select Proxy Settings and enter the following values:
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (http)
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (wap)
wap.metropcs.net port:443 (secure wap)
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (socks)

F: Back in the "Connections" screen where you have two tabs at the bottom of the screen of "Tasks" and "Advanced", go to Advanced, click on "Select Networks" and select the name of the connection you just setup.

Example if you leave as Sprint then choose that one as your internet connection and do it for both settings.

MMS

MAKE SURE YOUR WEB IS WORKING PROPERLY (ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS) AS YOU CAN'T HAVE MMS WITHOUT WORKING INTERNET!!!!!

Remove/Uninstall any existing MMS composer you have attempted to setup. Also a good idea to remove any registry keys it may have created that are left behind after the uninstall.

1: Install Arcsoft MMS version 5.0.70.24 from Verzion.

2: Open your Messaging and click on the SMS/MMS option.

3: Click on "Menu" and select "MMS Options" then select the "Servers" tab.

4: Add a new server with the following settings:

Server Name: metropcs
Gateway: wap.metropcs.net
Port number: 3128
Server address: [Only registered and activated users can see links]
Connect via: SELECT EITHER THE CONNECTION YOU SETUP ABOVE OR "The internet"
Send limit: 399K

5: Click "Done" and then set the new server as default.

6: Using a Registry Editor edit the following values:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader]

DELETE KEY -> "X-VzW-MDN"
ADD STRING -> "X-metropcs-MDN"="XXXXXXXXXX" ( Insert your 10 digit phone Number )
ADD STRING -> "X-DEVICE-MIN"="1XXXXXXXXXX" ( Insert your 10 digit phone Number WITH the 1 in front of it )

7)When that is completed successfully type in ##diag# (##3424#) to put the phone in diag mode.

8)Load the prl with CDMA workshop. If u have the new 3.5 version u can read by HTC METHOD and the spc pops up.

9)Good Luck. If anything is missing let me know and i will edit.

tonasoledad
08-30-2010, 03:40 AM
just to let people now this will allso work with cricket if u put the righ setting

GREAT POST MAN

badboy222
10-07-2010, 10:29 PM
thanks brothers:rolleyes:

Pac3comm1
10-08-2010, 09:16 AM
You re welcome but for future reference, please do not take up thread space to say thanks, please use the thanks buttons.

dumdedumda
10-09-2010, 11:45 PM
Does this method work with CDMA workshop 2.7? Also, could you elaborate step 8 of loading the PRL? I don't quite understand! Appreciate it.

whitey10tc
10-10-2010, 12:27 AM
Does this method work with CDMA workshop 2.7? Also, could you elaborate step 8 of loading the PRL? I don't quite understand! Appreciate it.

8)Load the prl with CDMA workshop. If u have the new 3.5 version u can read by HTC METHOD and the spc pops up.
It should work using 2.7 if you follow the tutorial the only real thing your using WS for is to load the PRL. To do so connect to WS and send the SPC then goto the other tab and choose write in the PRL field and select your PRL and click OK.

Pac3comm1
10-10-2010, 12:29 AM
To load PRL got to the tab named other on cdma ws, select nam 1 and click right. When window appears, navigate to the location of your preferred prl and double click. Switch to NAM 2 and repeat the steps. This way if your phones gets possessed and switches from nam1 to nam 2 you have the both of them set to your carriersPRL.

whitey10tc
10-10-2010, 12:32 AM
This way if your phones gets possessed and switches from nam1 to nam 2 you have the both of them set to your carriersPRL.Never thought of that, I have a possessed cricket Hero I'll try that on.

dumdedumda
10-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Just wanted to note a couple of things: 1) the files that are listed on this post differ from the actual files titled 2) If MightyRom is installed, kill CM_Guardian is not needed at all, since it is only available in Stock roms.

Pac3, just out of curiosity, which PRL file are you using?

Pac3comm1
10-10-2010, 11:10 PM
You are right. Since the procedure is virtually the same, I just use part of the Guide I typed for the Imagio. If you use the mighty rom you wont need the Proxy killer, But its a must have if you flash without the custom rom. I use the 2002prl for metro then update to 2004 thru *228. Has anyone heard about a 3003 prl coming out for metro pCS?

dumdedumda
10-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Pac3, thank you for your patience and help up to this point. I've follow your guide and have done everything successfully. My only last question is whether I would need to take the phone to a third-party MetroPCS dealer to let them add/activate the ESN; i'm a bit confused as to how MetroPCS would activate my ESN. Again, thanks.

Pac3comm1
10-11-2010, 01:57 AM
You are welcome. There are Authorized dealers that will gladly add your esn for you. How they do it is taboo and needs not to be discussed here on the forum. But they are available. At least in my area anyway.

tinobarko
10-15-2010, 08:48 PM
pac3com1..i think resco registry and task manager look to me is dublcated....its using same download file please recheck
thank you
bytheway i click thankyou

fanjita
11-28-2010, 09:22 PM
I have a Sprint Touch Pro 2. I'd like to flash it on my own, seems easy to follow but, on the *edit, you must flash talk and text before this and zero-out the spc* would that mean I'd have to first pay 10$ for the crappy metro flash, then transfer my old cell to my newly metro-flashed tp2? or is there something I'm not getting? As of now, I did step one, the unlocking, but the phone isn't activated with metro yet, it's just a phone. Help anyone?

whitey10tc
11-28-2010, 11:06 PM
I have a Sprint Touch Pro 2. I'd like to flash it on my own, seems easy to follow but, on the *edit, you must flash talk and text before this and zero-out the spc* would that mean I'd have to first pay 10$ for the crappy metro flash, then transfer my old cell to my newly metro-flashed tp2? or is there something I'm not getting? As of now, I did step one, the unlocking, but the phone isn't activated with metro yet, it's just a phone. Help anyone?
For the phone to work with any provider, the ESN/MEID must be added to their system and associated with your MDN. So if Metro flash is the way it's done then yes you will need to do that.

fanjita
11-29-2010, 03:37 PM
I ran into minor problems, after reading up yesterday, and sleeping on it, I was able to think a bit clearer today and act upon it.

The dummy who sold me his TP2 had it flashed to a cooked ROM that removed all ##codes# from working, so I had to go out of the order and flash my TP2 to Stock ROM for CDMA, since I read and learned the diff between the two GSM&CDMA. (Mine is CDMA) Now I have used CDMA WS to get the MSL successfully, saved my SPC code on Laptop, and wrote it to 000000 on the cell. I've placed the Metro PRL into the TP2. And I'm going to try and give Metro a call again to see if they can add the ESN/MEID into their system, now it may not work natively, because I do recall a past call with them saying it had to start with 280.. or 270 something like that, and mine is what I believe hex? 0x80..blah blah blah. So I suppose yeah, The next step is Metro Flash as bits and pieces of the guide say here or there over flashing Talk & Text for Metro. I'll edit this post as soon as I have a functioning TP2 w/ Metro.

Just WOW. The CORPORATE Metro PCS does support Metro Flash for my TP2 but they redirected me to a smaller one because they FORGOT how to flash it since they haven't flashed a TP2 in a while. I drove around and not one Metro Store wanted to flash it, either because they were'nt Authorized, they gave up on messing with Tp2s, or they just didn't have Metro Flash. Luckily one did now redirect me to ANOTHER store, I'll have my last hopes on this one. :(

Pac3comm1
11-30-2010, 05:26 AM
I have a simpler solution for you that will save you a ton of gas money! PM me an Ill hook you up. Please remember to hit the thanks buttons if you find anything useful.

fanjita
11-30-2010, 12:58 PM
...So I found a store that would do the basic Talk & Text. Strangely Enough, I walked out of there with just Talk and Text, time passed, I decided to update the Prl *228 even though I'm sure the Flash took care of that, then I checked the Net, of course, as the retailer suggested, not working, I connected it with my PC, and began to gather the tools needed to revive the Net & MMS, I kid you not, All I did was Step 1, Unlock it, and my messages of text and gmail associated account poured in. lol. I'm still going to Flash to Mighty Mike ROM, I dislike the Stock Sprint ROM, no point in showing me what I can't use, like Sprint TV, etc.

NEVERMIND. It soon lost its ability to MMS & WAP as soon as I flashed Mighty Mike's Last ROM. :S Either way, I didn't wan't stock ROM..

^ the Above, is Bull-Crap, we learn from our own speculations until we meet the end-result from Trial & Error. Never Did MMS and WAP work correctly, I only thought it did because an MMS was recieved, also, the internet worked because I was connected via ActiveSync, so my Smartphone just used the Host PC's Net to Update my mail, internet, etc.

However, finally getting the Internet, GPS, (and soon the MMS) I've come to find a bit of this tutorial out of date.

PPP Pass: SPC PPP Pass: SPC

HDR Pass: SPC HDR Pass: SPC

Evdo Revision: Automatic IP Behaviour: Simple IP
Interval: 2000,s Profiles: 1 Active: 1

The SPC for METRO would be the Metro Calculated SPC, not the your personal SPC code found with CDMA, or the 000000 written one, the password USED to be metropcs, now it's a Metro-Calculated SPC code.
Attached is the Calculator that can easily be used to Calculate your own Password where you see that it says "SPC" above. The MIN and MDN ARE usually the same, except not always, especially in the case where I came from a Sprint Phone, to Metro Service, the MDN would be the cell # Metro Gave me.

Link to Metro SPC Calculator:

Just type in your Cell's Unique 11 Digit ESN (Dec) and click on an empty white cell and the calc will provide your own password to access Metro Web on your Cell.

I do hope this link gets attached to CDMAGURU's FTP as it does come in Handy. (And a Mediafire link will expire)

cord241
12-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Does anybody know if this would work on an htc touch pro (1st one)

Pac3comm1
01-21-2011, 12:32 AM
yes it will work on the touch pro one, just make sure that the rom you use is not for the TP2.

Pac3comm1
01-21-2011, 12:39 AM
First off, I admire your persistance to figure out way to make things happen for yourself, so allow me to help you.
1. You wont be able to make these settings stick because you need to remove the CM_Guardian file from the device. This file is a .exe that reverts settings back to stock when you power the phone off and back on again. Next in order for mms to work you also need to edit the registry. You should refer to the guide that I posted earlier in the metro pcs section.

Lastly its a MSL calculator not an SPC.

whitey10tc
02-06-2011, 06:42 PM
[hide-thanks]This is a test [/hide-thanks]

Testing hide-thanks system.

There is nothing contained here.

carrion
03-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Just a few things that might help people trying to do this.

The password for the ROM linked in the first post is mightyrom.com

I've also found the software in the dead links and uploaded them again.

ArcSoft MMS:

Resco Explorer and Registry:

Now if I can just find a MetroPCS store that can flash my TP2.

jrtran
03-31-2011, 08:59 PM
One quick question, if i flash this rom, does it effect the web setting on simple mobile which is my carrier?

whitey10tc
03-31-2011, 10:14 PM
One quick question, if i flash this rom, does it effect the web setting on simple mobile which is my carrier?
I believe this is a cdma Rom, simple mobile is gsm. So use your judgement check out the mighty mike thread on ppcgeeks for exact compatibility.

Sent from my Hero using Tapatalk

Lakota
01-20-2012, 03:27 PM
just to let people now this will allso work with cricket if u put the righ setting

GREAT POST MAN