PDA

View Full Version : USBOverNetwork is a USBKILLER!!

ownmart
08-27-2010, 02:42 AM
first showed up here
[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
which makes your ports not readable for android devices such as rsdlite as well as virtual serial port
But also it has messed with diag ports of LG's for me and Blackberry devices do not show up on blackberry desktop manager either.

If anyone else has any other issues with it or know a fix to this please post

Pac3comm1
08-27-2010, 10:50 AM
The only fix I know for it is to uninstall! I think i remember Drkcobra saying there is a way to manage that, so you might want to drop him a PM and see what he says.

thephoneguy913
08-27-2010, 10:58 AM
Same here...last week I had the same problem....and the only way to fix it was to uninstall completely USBOVERNETWORK...then reload drivers.... that sucks hu? :(

ownmart
08-27-2010, 01:26 PM
will do if I can get ahold of him, I was looking at other programs that may work, but if anyone knows of any feel free to chip in. on usb-over-network.com there was a serial/modem one, which may be the key since it is going to be in serial/modem mode

because I want to remote flash blackberries and the only way I see it now is by making the store buy cdmaworkshop and do it via teamviewer...but then again that'll probably make me lose out on alot of flashes if they get that program

Dex
08-27-2010, 02:55 PM
The way to fix that is to stop the service

windows key + R

services.msc

stop usb over network server service

wahlah usb ports back

ownmart
08-27-2010, 03:03 PM
The way to fix that is to stop the service

windows key + R

services.msc

stop usb over network server service

wahlah usb ports back
but would that allow you to still use the program itself, such as to use blackberry desktop manager to remote flash blackberries?

Dex
08-27-2010, 10:23 PM
If u want to use the program again then u would need to restart the service but u would lose the ability to use local usb ports until u disable it again

leadnerd
09-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Don't use usb over network...... utilize logmein or vnc. Just have a dedicated machine at the location you can use and wallah. Or use windows remote desktop that will also work. Even on my one day off I get a call from the shop bam still done. Shhh just don't tell the wife about it she would kill me. I am not allowed to work on my day off.

ownmart
09-08-2010, 03:41 AM
Don't use usb over network...... utilize logmein or vnc. Just have a dedicated machine at the location you can use and wallah. Or use windows remote desktop that will also work. Even on my one day off I get a call from the shop bam still done. Shhh just don't tell the wife about it she would kill me. I am not allowed to work on my day off.

the point is to do it to a store or random person wanting a remote flash not to have a thing setup but thank you for the info