PDA

View Full Version : Drone photos make the best phone wallpapers

Wireless News
06-08-2016, 10:40 PM
It's standard to put pictures of dogs, spouses or (your own) children as wallpaper on your phone. But that's uninspired. You know what's different? Taking carefully-curated landscape drone photography and setting that as the backdrop to life instead. Gabriel Scanu is a photographer who works mostly in Sydney and Los Angeles. He specializes in taking aerial images with drones, turning uninspiring strips of road or forest into something quite beautiful. DON'T MISS:- 6 things Apple needs to get right with iOS 10 -A- Fubiz- feature on Scanu caught my attention, because the top-down landscape imagery reminds me of artists who have carefully curated Google Earth images to make stunning smartphone wallpapers. I think with a little work, Scanu's photos could do the same. If you flick through his Instagram feed , it's more than just top-down landscape imagery. There's all sorts of photos, from night-time shots of the Matterhorn to surfers in South Africa. But there's something about straight-down drone photos that really captures my imagination. Scanu has at least one from every trip he's taken. Quite often, they show a road cutting through a pristine forest; other times, it's boats above a shallow sea, with all the fishes visible in the clear blue water below. Turning any of these into a kick-ass phone background is pretty simple: all of Scanu's images are on his Instagram, and iOS and Android will help you crop (just a little) to the correct aspect ratio for your device. Just remember to be honest about telling your friends where you found all the neat pictures when they ask.

More... (http://news.yahoo.com/drone-photos-best-phone-wallpapers-021550826.html)