PDA

View Full Version : can someone help me with the mms and gps settings on a instinct 800

htown61
08-26-2010, 06:49 PM
i have this sprint instinct 800 phone that i flashed to cricket and i have voice and internet and i can send text messages but i can't get picture messages or the gps to work if someone can tell me what the settings are like for.
1.mmg on this one i think i have the settings iguess i just use the ipgateway that i use for my phone and the same port.
2.mcd.url this is the one that i really need help with the most
3.buffer length i think it should be 20 but not sure and on the gps i i know what to the settings are but i i still can't get it to work this is what i have so far.

on pde ip address i'm using my cricket cell ip address.
on pde port i have 8080 same as my cell phone.
on pde trasport i have ip.
on position calculation i have it on mobile.

so please can someone tell me what i have wrong i sure would appreciate it .
thanks alot buds:cool::cool::cool:

thesmitty68521
08-26-2010, 08:04 PM
I'm not sure about the GPS on that phone. I don't know what the settings are for that. As far as the MMS, forget it. Sprint doesn't use MMS for it's picture messaging. It uses picture mail or something like that. Cricket uses MMS for its picture messaging . The rule of thumb with Sprint handsets LG or Samsung is to flash them to a DST or generic and then put in the WAP/MMS settings. If that can't be done then there is no way to get the MMS to work on a sprint handset.

I hope I made sense. The GPS might work though. As I said I don't know what the settings are for that. Perhaps I can take a look around and see what they are...

htown61
08-26-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm not sure about the GPS on that phone. I don't know what the settings are for that. As far as the MMS, forget it. Sprint doesn't use MMS for it's picture messaging. It uses picture mail or something like that. Cricket uses MMS for its picture messaging . The rule of thumb with Sprint handsets LG or Samsung is to flash them to a DST or generic and then put in the WAP/MMS settings. If that can't be done then there is no way to get the MMS to work on a sprint handset.

I hope I made sense. The GPS might work though. As I said I don't know what the settings are for that. Perhaps I can take a look around and see what they are...
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

love2sin
08-26-2010, 11:19 PM
THIS IS FOR METROPCS

Step 1.

Remove your MicroSD card and plug the phone into your PC via USB cable then open QPST (QPST Configuration, then go to Start Clients and select Service Programming) and then read the phone.

remove any ip address that you find in these 2 profiles. and remove any other profiles except the first 2.
also make sure both of them say enabled.

Now go to ppp config tab...

once you are completed with this make sure you write to the phone and move on to the next step..

Step 2.

click on phone icon (on the phone)
click on the dialer..
enter ##3282#
click user name
click edit
enter your spc which should already be 000000 by now

Here are the settings:
SPI MN-HA "1234"
SPI MN-AAA "1234"
M Home Address "000.000.000.000"
Prim Ha Ip "255.255.255.255"
Sec Ha Ip "255.255.255.255"
Rev Tunneling "Off"
AAA Password "MSL"
HA Password "MSL"

click done and allow the phone to reboot...

Step 3.

Now do ##3282# again.. this time go to browser
click edit
enter spc

youll see gateway1 and gateway2, under both of these

you will see primary and secondary,,, set primary and secondary ip`s

for both gateways to 010.223.002.004,, they will all be the same ip address,,

and set the Port 3128 and secure Port 443 for all gatways to ,, hit done and reboot.

Also this should work on quite a few other Sprint phones,,

This is what I do for a living at the wireless company I work for,,

and so far it has worked on Samsung upstage, Instinct,, Sanyo katana, and many others,,,

I have this working on my Instinct and if you have any questions please let me know via this thread.

I got this a while back. I think from HoFo - Credit goes to the HoFo member who wrote this up

ENJOY !!!!!

htown61
08-27-2010, 09:48 AM
THIS IS FOR METROPCS

Step 1.

Remove your MicroSD card and plug the phone into your PC via USB cable then open QPST (QPST Configuration, then go to Start Clients and select Service Programming) and then read the phone.

remove any ip address that you find in these 2 profiles. and remove any other profiles except the first 2.
also make sure both of them say enabled.

Now go to ppp config tab...

once you are completed with this make sure you write to the phone and move on to the next step..

Step 2.

click on phone icon (on the phone)
click on the dialer..
enter ##3282#
click user name
click edit

Here are the settings:
SPI MN-HA "1234"
SPI MN-AAA "1234"
M Home Address "000.000.000.000"
Prim Ha Ip "255.255.255.255"
Sec Ha Ip "255.255.255.255"
Rev Tunneling "Off"
AAA Password "MSL"
HA Password "MSL"

click done and allow the phone to reboot...

Step 3.

click edit
enter spc

youll see gateway1 and gateway2, under both of these

you will see primary and secondary,,, set primary and secondary ip`s

for both gateways to 010.223.002.004,, they will all be the same ip address,,

and set the Port 3128 and secure Port 443 for all gatways to ,, hit done and reboot.

Also this should work on quite a few other Sprint phones,,

This is what I do for a living at the wireless company I work for,,

and so far it has worked on Samsung upstage, Instinct,, Sanyo katana, and many others,,,

I have this working on my Instinct and if you have any questions please let me know via this thread.

I got this a while back. I think from HoFo - Credit goes to the HoFo member who wrote this up

ENJOY !!!!!

i've done that but the cricket version,

also make sure both of them say enabled...,,

now go to ppp config...

once you are completed with this,, move on to the next step..

click on phone icon
click on dialer..
enter ##3282#
click user name
click edit
starting from the top here ya go...

SPI MN-HA "1234"
SPI MN-AAA "1234"
M Home Address "066.179.166.148"
Prim Ha Ip "010.000.005.021"
Sec Ha Ip "010.000.005.022"
Rev Tunneling "Off"
AAA Password "cricket"
HA Password "cricket"

click done,, allow the phone to reboot...

click edit
enter spc
youll see gateway1 and gateway2,,, under both of these
you will see primary and secondary,,, set primary and secondary ip`s for both gateways to 172.029.223.007,, they will all be the same ip address,, and set the Port and secure Port for all gatways to 8080,, hit done reboot and padow.. there you go...

but i still don't get picture messages or gps to work. my internet and voice and text messages work great i just want to be to get picture messages and gps because i'm paying for this service with my cricket plan.

Wrecked Johnson
08-27-2010, 10:00 AM
Aint happening on this one buddy sorry to say but dont think it will ever happen.

thesmitty68521
08-27-2010, 10:31 AM
The purpose of the "HOW TO" prefix is if you are posting a solution not if you are asking for a solution.

I explained to you in an earlier thread that MMS is impossible on the Instinct because Sprint and Cricket use different methods to get picture messaging.

Look at it this way: If the Instinct were able to be able to get picture messaging, that would mean that all the sanyos and the other samsungs would also be able to get it as well.