PDA

View Full Version : Com Port issue, M900

mort_subite
08-26-2010, 02:28 AM
So after a bunch of frustration, I finally got talk and text working on my Moment M900 on the Cricket network (still waiting for some more official Cricket ROMs to leak to set up WAP and MMS). At any rate, after I OTA'd the phone, I wanted to do something in QPST, so I hooked up the phone in diag mode (##8778# to put it into Modem mode, Debugging active and Dial Up Networking). The phone connected in diagnostic mode, but connected to a different port than before I had OTA'd it, and QPST wouldn't connect or recognize it anymore. Oddly, CDMA Workshop would connect, but still wouldn't read it.
Seeing as how the port it connected to was com port 8, I changed it to a lower port number (port number 2), because I had heard CDMA Workshop sometimes has issues with anything above port 6. Still no luck.
The weird thing is that the port I was using it on before I OTA'd (port1) claimed it was still in use. In a last ditch attempt to get it working, I connected to port 1 anyway, and still had no luck.
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

M.

08-26-2010, 09:33 AM
CDMA Workshop would connec
You should be able to Connect to any available port, it's pointless. I think it just means it can OPEN the port.

The phone connected in diagnostic mode, but connected to a different port
This can happen if you just use a different USB port and the drivers are requested/auto-loaded again. Did the hardware wizard come up? I assume you are on a Windows machine.

Exactly what titles show up in Windows Device Manager (<Windows>-<R>, devmgmt.msc <ENTER>) related to your phone?

CDMA Workshop sometimes has issues with anything above port 6
I don't doubt what you say, just never heard of it before.

Randomly trying ports probably will not help. Look in Device Manager and go with the port for the proper title.

drummerboy42
08-26-2010, 10:37 AM
Try just rebooting your pc. I doubt it has anything to do with the OTAP. Sounds like port conflicts which a reboot will clear out. Could be a cable going bad too. Hope it helps.

Wrecked Johnson
08-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Manually assign the port and like drummerboy said restart the machine you should have no problems unless your cable is bad but doesnt sound like thats the case. Good luck!

mort_subite
08-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Gonna be a little while before I can try any of these suggestions, but thanks everyone!

Yeah, I was thinking either a reboot or at the very very least uninstall the drivers, clean out the registry and start from scratch. Just curious to know if there was a known issue before I started pulling my hair out and doing stuff I couldn't backtrack through.

Thanks again!

M.