PDA

View Full Version : [Tutorial] how to flash an evo to cricket with working MMS and Web

bawanyh
08-25-2010, 07:03 PM
I didn't see it posted so I thought I should post a guide. If it is posted, admin please remove it if you want and accept my apologies.

I in no way take credit for this just used my brain to flash it. Credit goes to Bigglou23 and felips.110 for their guides on HTC Hero. And all the others if I have missed.

Here is how I did the talk, text and internet settings on HTC Evo:

Talk & text is very easy just put ur phone in Diag mode and connect it to ur computer.
Use newest cdma workshop and use default method to read SPC.
Write PRL, and do *228 to program it. if you do *228 u will get 3G icon on top right.

Then Connect to CDMA WS and do the evdo settings

For Internet:

First Step:

Install BetterCut or AnyCut from market on your phone and open it and select new shortcut and go to activity and then go down to Proxy Setting and Click It. It Will Ask for a Name make it whatever you want to. It should say shortcut created sucessfully. Go to your Home Screen and it should be somewhere on there press it and edit it and insert HostName: wap.mycricket.com, Port: 8080. Then hit save

Second Step:

on the phone type ##3282# or ##3282 call and hit edit mode and do these settings:
in Data Profile:

Active Profile:1
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
Spi MN:HA: 12c
spi mn:AAA:2
Reverse Tunel:Enable
home IP:0.0.0.0
Primary Home:68.28.15.12
Second Home:68.28.31.12
HA Shared Secret:cricket
AAA shared cricket:cricket
DSA:Leave it as it is

Then go back and go to Advanced and do these settings:
Slot Cycle Index:
MCC:310
MNC:00
ACCOLC:2
Vocoder:Enable
Home Orig:Voice 13k
Roam Orig:Voice 13k
LBS PDE IP: Blank
LBS PDE Port: BLANK
Home Sys Reg:enable
Foreign SID reg:enable
DDTM:disable
Home SID/NID#1:4139/65535 (leave it as it is whatever it is)
Everything else not mentioned leave it as it is.

Then hit menu and Commit Modifications. Your phone will reboot

Here it is you HTC Evo talk, text and internet.

I have tried my best to include everything in here if I have missed anything please feel free to add it to it.

Thanks and hope that helps

If this is helpful please press the thanks button

Wrecked Johnson
08-25-2010, 07:44 PM
Been covered in another thread with more features available. Thanks for the post though good work!

whitey10tc
08-25-2010, 11:51 PM
Great write up but please review the posted rules and post in the correct forum/subforum.

Moved >>> To the cricket forum.

bawanyh
08-26-2010, 12:52 PM
Sorry I didn't know where to post I just tried to made it more simple

whitey10tc
08-26-2010, 03:40 PM
Sorry I didn't know where to post I just tried to made it more simple
It's all good, and a great tutorial short and simple.

AustexPcs
09-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Does it work on 2.2?

I didn't see it posted so I thought I should post a guide. If it is posted, admin please remove it if you want and accept my apologies.

I in no way take credit for this just used my brain to flash it. Credit goes to Bigglou23 and felips.110 for their guides on HTC Hero. And all the others if I have missed.

Here is how I did the talk, text and internet settings on HTC Evo:

Talk & text is very easy just put ur phone in Diag mode and connect it to ur computer.
Use newest cdma workshop and use default method to read SPC.
Write PRL, and do *228 to program it. if you do *228 u will get 3G icon on top right.

Then Connect to CDMA WS and do the evdo settings

For Internet:

First Step:

Install BetterCut or AnyCut from market on your phone and open it and select new shortcut and go to activity and then go down to Proxy Setting and Click It. It Will Ask for a Name make it whatever you want to. It should say shortcut created sucessfully. Go to your Home Screen and it should be somewhere on there press it and edit it and insert HostName: wap.mycricket.com, Port: 8080. Then hit save

Second Step:

on the phone type ##3282# or ##3282 call and hit edit mode and do these settings:
in Data Profile:

Active Profile:1
Spi MN:HA: 12c
spi mn:AAA:2
Reverse Tunel:Enable
home IP:0.0.0.0
Primary Home:68.28.15.12
Second Home:68.28.31.12
HA Shared Secret:cricket
AAA shared cricket:cricket
DSA:Leave it as it is

Then go back and go to Advanced and do these settings:
Slot Cycle Index:
MCC:310
MNC:00
ACCOLC:2
Vocoder:Enable
Home Orig:Voice 13k
Roam Orig:Voice 13k
LBS PDE IP: Blank
LBS PDE Port: BLANK
Home Sys Reg:enable
Foreign SID reg:enable
DDTM:disable
Home SID/NID#1:4139/65535 (leave it as it is whatever it is)
Everything else not mentioned leave it as it is.

Then hit menu and Commit Modifications. Your phone will reboot

Here it is you HTC Evo talk, text and internet.

I have tried my best to include everything in here if I have missed anything please feel free to add it to it.

Thanks and hope that helps

If this is helpful please press the thanks button

dwntwnall4u
10-08-2010, 11:08 PM
When I press *228 I get a message says phone cannot be validated?

edit: ok got the *228 to work.

But now after entering ##3282# to edit mode I need a password? Is this MSL # like I got from sprint for my other EVO? I just ask cricket instead? They have no clue?

Wrecked Johnson
10-10-2010, 02:37 AM
Does it work on 2.2?

Why dont you try it and let us know, most HTC phones are very similar in data settings for cricket and so are most os versions. Your feedback would be appreciated if you are running a rom that has not been built for cricket, like a stock rom or a fresh/dc/cyanogen etc............

parin
10-24-2010, 07:44 AM
Thanks a lot buddy

darrelljr00
11-03-2010, 12:51 AM
Can someone send me the link to the original post that showed how to put the evo on cricket? thanks

bawanyh
11-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Can someone send me the link to the original post that showed how to put the evo on cricket? thanks

Just to do regular flash put the evo in diag mode by typing ##3424# and then connect it and then put prl via CDMA Workshop. To find the spc use HTC Method in the newest CDMA Workshop

Kclive
11-14-2010, 10:15 PM
I managed to get my evo fully flashed and everything works just fine, have it on the android plan so I don't need the proxy workaround, however, for some reason or another I can not *228 no matter what prl I try and no matter what I do. The only way I can change my prl is by putting the phone in diag mode and using qpst. I would really love to be able to *228 so when I go out of town I can use my phone seeing as how I don't have a laptop to manually enter the prl file. Any ideas?

Thanks

thephoneguy913
11-14-2010, 10:27 PM
CDMA Workshop... Nam Tab...PRL:Enabled....Otapa:Enabled....Uncheck the Lock Box.... Good Luck. :)

Kclive
11-17-2010, 05:25 PM
CDMA Workshop... Nam Tab...PRL:Enabled....Otapa:Enabled....Uncheck the Lock Box.... Good Luck. :)

Ok, I enabled Otapa, and PRL, but couldn't find a "Lock Box". It is probably due to the fact that the only CDMA Workshop I have to work with is 2.7 I will give it a shot and let you know how it turns out.

Kclive
11-17-2010, 05:27 PM
Looks like that isn't going to work. I will have to get a version that has the "Lock Box" that you were talking about.

Kclive
11-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Well, got that done and for some reason it still won't let me otasp. Something is out of whack here

thesmitty68521
11-17-2010, 07:40 PM
Try using only *2 that usually works on the EVO

Kclive
11-17-2010, 11:28 PM
Tried using *2 but it won't ever dial out with that, and half the time when I try I get "Sorry! The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" and then I have no option but to force close.

Any other ideas by chance?

Thanks again

Kclive
11-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Would it help if I had my phone listed as CPE instead of the M6000? At this point I dont know what else to do or try to get otasp to work.

whitey10tc
11-19-2010, 08:51 PM
There are other ways to update the PRL, such as through the SD card and the epst menu. Also could try ##PRL# or (SND) of course those codes are ROM dependent.

Kclive
11-19-2010, 10:19 PM
There are other ways to update the PRL, such as through the SD card and the epst menu. Also could try ##PRL# or (SND) of course those codes are ROM dependent.

I am able to update the prl using ##775# just fine, however, I am not sure this will work in partner coverage. My deal is this, I live in Kansas City and travel to Manhattan, Kansas quite often. On the coverage map Cricket shows that I will have coverage all the way through. However, once I hit the halfway point, Lawrence, Kansas I go into roaming. I used to be able to *228 and roaming would go away. If I get to Lawrence and manually update my prl file will I still be able to use my phone without it being in roaming is what I am wondering.

Austin Fisher
12-10-2010, 12:52 AM
I have had my HTC EVO flashed to Cricket and I get error 67 and something about username and password. I still have internet but am only getting on average 175k down. Do I have a PRL issue possibly?

whitey10tc
12-10-2010, 12:57 AM
I have had my HTC EVO flashed to Cricket and I get error 67 and something about username and password. I still have internet but am only getting on average 175k down. Do I have a PRL issue possibly?
What ROM are you using? What PRL? have you checked all the EPST setting and is the EVDO info correct when connected to CDMA WS? Is the 3g or EV appearing or is it 1x?
The message your receiving is usually associated with an error in the PST username setting, the connection speeds could be the same or a PRL issue.

Austin Fisher
12-11-2010, 03:52 AM

Austin Fisher
12-14-2010, 11:10 PM
More information: I was at work and now my phone will lose cricket and then I get american roaming network. If I restart my phone when I leave work I dont get the american roaming anymore. Also I cant update my PRL anymore because the ##prl# doesnt work anymore on froyo. I am also getting error 98 and error 67. My download speeds are horrible! Any help would be great!

dajiggiest1
12-20-2010, 10:14 AM
I have workshop and put my phone in diag but I cant find the drivers.

bawanyh
12-20-2010, 01:09 PM
they are posted in this forum. just search a little u will find it.

whitey10tc
12-20-2010, 01:51 PM
I have workshop and put my phone in diag but I cant find the drivers.Here check this thread.

they are posted in this forum. just search a little u will find it.
We are trying to refrain from the just search theory, GURUS prides itself for being helpful. While not every member will know the answer that's when it's best just not to post.

[Only registered and activated users can see links] NV

Password
11-03-2011, 12:21 AM
What is the solution for the youtube player, I can't remember?

rich hathaway
11-03-2011, 09:28 AM
set the rtsp proxy's to 0.0.0.0 and the rtsp ports to 0 you will find them in the ##data# menu i believe for evo they are in the advanced menu,if you dont see them there scroll back up to mulitmedia.