PDA

View Full Version : This is the autopredict emoji keyboard you never knew you needed

Wireless News
05-17-2016, 06:50 PM
I'm on a lifelong hunt for the perfect smartphone keyboard. Nothing out there is perfect -- the right key layout always comes with the wrong prediction engine or the option key in the wrong place. But as it turns out , Swiftkey has secretly been working on an Android keyboard with emoji support that is, technically speaking, the perfect medium for communication. DON'T MISS:- Apple ruined the dream of having Google take over my iPhone Swiftmoji (some branding agency worked overtime on that one!) is pretty simple: a standard QWERTY keyboard that adds a top line of emoji. Which emoji come up on that bar depends on what you've been typing. Just like auto-predict will show you the most likely three words for you to use next, Swiftmoji will show you six emoji that you might want to use. It's a clever solution to a very real problem. I'm forced to use emoji in conversation because most of my friends are Snapchat-personality-wannabes, but I find the-built-in emoji keyboard takes way too long to scroll through, and as a result my emojicabulary consists of seven different smiley faces. Swiftkey's emoji prediction engine (not a phrase I thought I'd ever type) isn't perfect, but it provides a good source of inspiration to help spice up a conversation. The keyboard is still in beta, but you can download it now onto any compatible Android handset, provided you join the trial program first . Swiftkey has a history of trialling features as standalone betas before integrating them into its main cross-platform keyboard, so with any luck, we'll be seeing more emoji on iOS and Android sometime soon.

More... (http://news.yahoo.com/autopredict-emoji-keyboard-never-knew-needed-222511165.html)