PDA

View Full Version : This hidden iPhone trick just became my new favorite feature

Wireless News
05-17-2016, 11:00 AM
We've said it time and time again — mobile platforms like iOS and Android have become so feature-packed that it's simply impossible to remember all of the great functionality they now posses. We share nifty hidden features all the time, like this post on- 25 hidden iPhone features that are really truly hidden , and we get great feedback each time we do. Even if there are a few things on these lists that you already know, we guarantee you'll learn something new in each article. This time around, I've come across a very cool hidden iPhone feature that even I didn't know about, and it has instantly become one of my new favorites. MUST READ:- Apple ruined the dream of having Google take over my iPhone A recent post on How To Geek (via Lifehacker ) details a nifty feature-that I used to use all the time on Android phones courtesy of third-party automation software. Well, to be fair, Android can take this type of functionality-much further than iOS since developers have the freedom to take it in any direction they want. So what is it? Using the in-built iOS Reminders app, you can configure reminders that will be triggered the next time you get in or out of your car. How awesome is that? Location-based reminders have plenty of utility, but there are times when I want to be reminded of something before I leave to go to a destination. Now, I can have my iPhone remind me as soon as my iPhone-connects to the Bluetooth in my car, or as soon as it disconnects (which would indicate that I've arrived at my destination). Setting the feature up is simple: Add a new entry in the Reminders app Tap the "i" icon next to your new reminder Toggle "Remind me at a location" to on Tap "Location" Select "Getting in the car" or "Getting our of the car" Why didn't I know about this cool feature? Simple: when I set reminders in Apple's Reminders app, I do it with Siri. Many others are likely in the same boat, and of course it'll work with any car that has Bluetooth, which includes most models these days.

More... (http://news.yahoo.com/hidden-iphone-trick-just-became-favorite-feature-144829922.html)