PDA

View Full Version : Little help unlocking my M900?

mort_subite
08-24-2010, 02:33 PM
So I'm not new to phone flashing and unlocking, but this is definitely my first Android. Currently, I'm kind of stuck trying to find my MSL. I've read it can be done from SDK, but I'm brand new to the software and only just now getting it installed. I've heard another way to find your MSL is to boot into self-test mode and connect via CDMA-Workshop (which I have), as per these instructions: [Only registered and activated users can see links] However, I rooted my phone with Zefies Kernel before I started the unlocking process, and when I try to boot into self-test mode it just gives me the option to boot to system or to the recovery console.

At any rate, what I'd like to know is if there's a way to select the USB Test Menu from Zefies Recovery Console, or if I need to reflash the stock ROM and just start from scratch.

Thank you!

M.

kc720
08-24-2010, 03:42 PM
on the phone, enable dialup networking under (menu/settings/wireless controls) and connect to cdma workshop and send 16 digit password (01F2030F5F678FF9)
there is your spc

mort_subite
08-24-2010, 03:52 PM
Thank you very much for your help so far, and I hate to come off as such a n00b, but I connected to com6 (which is what port my phone is listed as connected to), entered the password and got the error "Failed... phone does not answer". Are there any other settings I'm missing? M.

thephoneguy913
08-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Reboot System and Reboot phone...then start over...

mort_subite
08-24-2010, 04:52 PM
Got, it! Thank you, btw.

For those having the same problem, 38400 needs to be selected as the baud rate in AT mode (the one listed below the Com port selection menu).

For those that are interested, I might actually put together a full tutorial for flashing to cricket once I finally get this thing completely done.

M.

thephoneguy913
08-24-2010, 10:44 PM
There is a few Tutorials in how to flash most of the Android Phones...so I guess there is no need for another tutorial...but you are more than welcome to add your experiences about your flashing.... :)

mort_subite
08-25-2010, 08:26 PM
There is a few Tutorials in how to flash most of the Android Phones...so I guess there is no need for another tutorial...but you are more than welcome to add your experiences about your flashing.... :)

I haven't been able to find a step by step unlocking, flashing and settings tutorial specifically for the Moment M900, so I figured I'd put one together so all the info is in the same place for people who get the phone and don't want to go hunting around for info.
Unless, of course, there's some way I've been searching for a tutorial like this (one specifically for the Moment M900 and specifically for Cricket as a carrier) for the last three days and it's somehow eluded me.

M.

whitey10tc
08-25-2010, 11:47 PM
Please review the posted rules below in my signature. In the future please post in the correct forum/area.
Like Android based phones/Samsung.
Also note that in the correct forum there is a tutorial covering all this already but please feel free to post in them.

Thread closed....