PDA

View Full Version : You can now be KICKED OFF Cricket for 50% usage on partner network!

ArkieKDealer
08-23-2010, 12:24 PM
Just got the notice today. Starting next month, if your two month average of minutes exceeds 50% of of total usage then the nationwide talk/text feature will be removed from your phone. Furthermore, if your billing address is outside of the native coverage area you are not allowed to purchase service.

Not sure I feel good about this.

ArkieKDealer
08-23-2010, 12:37 PM
Also, states ALL NBC will not have WAP or roaming when activated regardless of the model entered in CID.

I haven't seen WP0 get removed when migrating a rate plan or making an ESN change to an existing account using a non-K ESN, so I'm guessing that the usual trick still works. But I wonder what will provision if you activate a R211 on an Android plan then ESN change to a flashed Droid?

eric303
08-23-2010, 12:45 PM
is this all markets? becuase my rep hasnt said anything to me yet

whitey10tc
08-23-2010, 01:42 PM
I had a customer last week activate their Droid and the rep told them it was a new policy for only talk/text. Before they finished setting up the account they contacted me, I sent them back in with a Lingo and then did the ESN change and it worked fully. They now have a Zio and the Android plan.

Wrecked Johnson
08-23-2010, 01:51 PM
cricket supports flashed android devices, you just have to make sure the account is provisioned properly and I am curious as to which market will have features removed for "overage"

ArkieKDealer
08-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Correction: 50% has to be on K native OR MetroPCS network.

It was a corporate powerpoint sent by my lAM. Said customers would start getting text notification August 23rd and policy would go into effect 1 month later.

It touted stats that 1.6% of customers use 60% of the off-network minutes. Also, there's a tool available that you are supposed to use to see if the customer's address is eligible for activation.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

ArkieKDealer
08-23-2010, 03:09 PM
New Activation Rule
Customer must reside and have a mailing address in a Cricket owned network coverage area. This must be verified at the following link:
Enter the customer’s address, then a pop-up will notify if you can activate the customer or not.

Please read entire ‘NTT Changes’ document that is attached for full details.

NBC/PWH Devices: WAP, Roaming
Features are driven based on the type of device, which is determined during ESN validation:
- NBC devices, regardless of the model that is selected in CID, will never get WAP and roaming.
- New/PWH devices will only get features the device can support, based on the model that is selected in CID.

ten0rplaya04
08-23-2010, 05:46 PM
If that's the statement made, then I've got news for you, WAP has to work or MMS (which wasn't included in that note you just put in) can't work. Hmmm? Just have to wait and see if they're just saying "it won't work" similar to how Pocket does now just to cover their butts. Otherwise, they'd need to have a separate plan for COAM (Customer Owned and Maintained) phones that don't have WAP or MMS on the plan (and it'd have to be cheaper too dammit).

Put it this way, if I pay for a plan that says I have WAP access, regardless of what they tell me my phone can do, I can do it if the phone is configured properly and my plan is set correctly. If my plan (regardless of what they say in their documents) states I am paying for WAP, they better have it enabled on my account. You can't charge someone for a service and tell them they can't use it just because a device is different. If it's not configured properly, then fine, it's not setup correctly to perform in that manner, but if it is, I'm paying for that service.

=---------------------------------=
Note: I could care less how cricket goes about this now...soon as Pocket becomes Cricket, I'll probably get out of Cell Phones all together. If they let WAP on Flashed devices (even when their support docs say it won't work) then I'll keep doing flashing. Otherwise, it's been a good run and time to move on to something else...anyone up for Simple Mobile? LOL.

08-23-2010, 10:13 PM
New Activation Rule
Customer must reside and have a mailing address in a Cricket owned network coverage area. This must be verified at the following link:
Enter the customer’s address, then a pop-up will notify if you can activate the customer or not.

I didn't know they ever STOPPED doing this. A company I dealt with used to use the same address for each new customer, then after the account was set up they would go in and change it to the proper address. Same idea was used when metroPCS showed up around here.

leadnerd
08-24-2010, 01:16 AM
tenor, you know cricket owns pocket right?

ten0rplaya04
08-24-2010, 05:38 PM
The stuff isn't finalized yet...it will be come October. I lose my Authorized dealer license once that occurs as Cricket doesn't want flea market vendors (Specially with as many pocket dealers are here).

ArkieKDealer
08-25-2010, 02:08 PM
Just got the notice via text on my demo phone. Funny thing is...it says to visit a website to review a change in Cricket's terms of service. Try to go to that site, and it doesn't exist! Once again...great execution by the higher ups.

Almost as good as requiring all post-pay customers to convert to prepay if they want to add a line or change a rate.