PDA

View Full Version : HTC Hero Data Call Failure Error

thesmitty68521
08-21-2010, 12:13 PM
I just flashed an HTC Hero to Cricket Service. I rooted it and all that good stuff and then did a data wipe and a davilik wipe. Then installed the Damage Control ROM.

Now when I start up the phone it says "Data Call Failure". And it repeatedly shows up. I've never had this error before.

How in the world do I get rid of this??

Thanks in advance for your help.

whitey10tc
08-21-2010, 12:48 PM
Smitty is it one of the "with google" phones? I've seen that error many times and always appears on those phones. I always end up flashing the latest Sprint shipped RUU ROM then rerooting and doing the whole process over again. I helped a member on Howard forums out with a similar problem last week.

thesmitty68521
08-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Yeah, it is. I have tried to reroot it but with no luck. Now it won't even root. I keep getting a "MTD read error and then an address then (out of memory).

This phone is frustrating. lol I've done a few others but never had this problem before.

kc720
08-21-2010, 03:26 PM
data call failure is your epst settings. if u loaded damage control rom, then do ##778 call and check security and mip default profile tab...

thephoneguy913
08-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Smitty...just change the IP Behavior to Simple Only...that fixed my wife's Hero...I hope that works for you :)

thesmitty68521
08-21-2010, 05:45 PM
It did work. I have the phone flashed and followed all the steps and still no WAP or MMS. lol

I've paid over $200 for solutions on Android devices and none of them work.

drummerboy42
08-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Hey Smitty, next time try to activate the line using a cricket phone. Something that will fully otap for web and everything. Once you have web working, then do your esn change and reprovision the account. Works sometimes, probably not your flashes that aren't working, its Cricket trying to be like the big boys.