PDA

View Full Version : Need help flashing LG VX9200 to cricket.

funlovin
08-19-2010, 08:13 PM
Hello everyone,

I want to fully flash my LG VX 9200 to cricket, with text, picture and internet. I dont mind reading and learning and Ive done some searching and I found some files for the VX9100 model but not the VX9200 could someone please point me in the right direction for a step by step with correct file links so that I dont mess up my phone. Thanx for your help in advance

whitey10tc
08-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Moved to the cricket forum. Thread retitled. The how to prefix is mainly used when actually writing a tutorial or a how to.

I might also suggest you read through this tutorial, [Only registered and activated users can see links]
then head to the LG device forum download the drivers, LGNPST, and the DLL for the device.

I'll let you search those out, they're all here on gurus in the LG device forums.

funlovin
08-20-2010, 10:02 AM
Hi Folks,

I've been doing some reading and searching for a PRL for a LG VX9200 and I found a whole slew of plr's but dont know which one to DL additionally the software to looad the prl with, I loaded my drivers for the phone, I also downloaded LGNPST_Lab version and when I go to load the dll file there is no option to let me browse to load the vx9200 dll file. Does the VX9200.dll file have to reside in the same directory as LGNPST for LGNPST to see the file and load or am I just not paying enough attention to detail? also can I use any phone number just to get thru the flashing stage and then change it once im assigned a valid phone number thru Cricket? Any step by step would be greatly appreciated.

Im a newbie so please excuse me for my ignorance.

Thank you in advance for any and all help:confused:

thephoneguy913
08-20-2010, 10:28 AM
First, Welcome to the Gurus Home...Second,If you have downloaded LGNPST and when this ask you for browse the PRL...you can choose the folder where you have downloaded the PRL...then hit the write button and you are ready to go....Thats for the partial flash...if you want to get data in your lg...you will have to look in the right LG Forum in this Website and you'll find many complete tutorials for your phone....Enjoy.

whitey10tc
08-20-2010, 11:07 AM
Thread moved to cricket LG forum. Thread prefix removed. Please do not use the how to prefix unless you are writing a tutorial.

Now is you question on how to load the dll or PRL? For the dll it needs to reside in the LGNPST models folder on the hard drive. To load a PRL you can use just about any PST, and PRL's are area dependent and plan dependent and not device dependent.

Wrecked Johnson
08-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Have you tried using CDMA Workshop

funlovin
08-21-2010, 01:59 AM
(1)I've loaded my phone drivers and it is recognized in my device manager and LGNPST
(2)Ive downloaded and installed LGNPST 1.1 Lab ver
(3)Ive downloaded LG VX9200 DLL file
(4) I downloaded 4199 newnew.prl <-----I dont know if this is the the right one beut I live in Chowchilla CA the prl files that I looked at many of then aren't area specific lableled just numbers, unless I'm not looking in the right place i.e Cricket section.
(5) I go into the LGNPST directory and found the VX9200 DLL in the model folder
(6)When LGNPST reads the phone and I select provisions to selct prl/ERI the box is grayed out
(7) In LGNPST when I select DLL the box open up there is NO VX9200 DLL file present even though I see it in C drive LGNPST model folder.
(8) I follow the LGNPST tutorial on how to load the DLL file to the letter to no avail
(9) I have the same issue with the prl file and seriously dont know if it the right one.
(10) Can I use any phone number just to get through the flash then edit it when I activate the phone?
(11) Register the dll? how to I do that? Ive also searched for that subject too
(12) am I not using the right software? Have I failed a step(s)?
I'm determined to figure this out but I need a helping hand as well, I want to Thank everyone in advance.:confused:

Lastly, I hope that I posted this in the right section, if not please forgive me I'm trying hard to figure out this site and what post goes where. So please have a little patients.

Thank you

ecneics
08-21-2010, 03:57 AM
Right click your dll and go to register.

whitey10tc
08-21-2010, 01:04 PM
Lastly, I hope that I posted this in the right section, if not please forgive me I'm trying hard to figure out this site and what post goes where. So please have a little patients.

Thank you Yup you got it in the right place this time buddy.:D
As mentioned right click then click register, also this needs to be done while in the models folder. If your still having problems let us know. As for using any number, yes you can program anything from 1234567890 for the phone # and MIN, but keep in mind that you will need to go back and change some things after activation like for WAP/MMS setting.
For the PRL you will need to experiment and see what connects in your area. After *228 it will update it to a new one for your area. and also if it doesn't *228 successfully try a different PRL.

Now on a side note would you like me to merge you other two threads on this subject with this thread to make future searches easier?

08-21-2010, 02:00 PM
For the PRL you will need to experiment and see what connects in your area. After *228 it will update it to a new one for your area. and also if it doesn't *228 successfully try a different PRL.

No to Hijack the thread... but since you mention the *228. Maybe they could try the other *228's such as *22801 *22802 *22803 etc. Which one should be used for Cricket, *22807?

funlovin
08-21-2010, 02:26 PM
I just tried to register the VX9200 DLL every time I try to register it I get a error, I even tried to reinstall it and restart my laptop and I still get the same error so at this point im stuck as what to do any suggestions? I even tried to register a VX9100 DLL file and I get the same error. I thought that itt was a problem with my windows registry and there isn't issues there so 'im stuck, what is the next step to get going?

08-21-2010, 02:58 PM
have you tried to do it manually...? Such as:

regsvr32 C:\LGVX9200.dll

Your path to the file might be too long or have bad char's in it... try registering the file elsewhere while leaving a copy in the right place.

you could also register it like an EXE...

<WindowsKey> + <R>
"C:\PATH\Program.exe" /REGSERVER
<ENTER>

There probably wont be any message

funlovin
08-21-2010, 05:08 PM
regsvr32 error that the module failed to load I tried installing the vx9200 again and still the same

08-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Now I get a error that the module failed to load

After you manually registered the DLL as I said above? If not, after what change that you made?

funlovin
08-21-2010, 05:26 PM
I know the path of the DLL file I press the windows key+r and it came to a run prompt I typed in regsvr and the path to the dll file and I get a fail to load. I dont want to corrupt any file so I stop and read more, Can I pm you?

08-21-2010, 05:30 PM
sure, go ahead

*update* the fix for this problem is on the following page...

08-21-2010, 11:26 PM
Ok,

The DLL registration issue was because the OS was Vista and the account was not an Admin account.

The error message included "DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005"

The correction for this is below: (please read entirely before starting)

Press <Windows> key
Type 'cmd' in 'search box'
Right-Click 'cmd.exe'
Left-Click 'Run as administrator'
Type in 'net user administrator /active:yes'
Press <ENTER>
Log Out
Navigate to where the file is you want to register
c: <enter>
cd \LGELEC~1\LGNPST\MODEL\VXWHATEVER <enter>
Type 'regsvr32 VXWhatever.dll' <enter>
You should get a message like 'DllRegisterServer in VXWhatever.dll succeeded'
Log Out

Your DLL Registration issue should now be resolved.

If you don't want to have the Administrator account available:

Press <Windows> key
Right-Click 'cmd.exe'
Type in 'net user administrator /active:no'
Press <ENTER>

If you are getting this error on WinXP, you may need to log in as administrator or atleast a non-limited account... you may also have policy settings on your account that are preventing you from doing this. The instructions above are pretty much for Vista and Windows 7 ONLY.

lj27416
08-21-2010, 11:52 PM
you guys are silly
just use the msi installer which registers it by itself :)
here you go enjoy

[hide-thanks] [Only registered and activated users can see links]

[/hide-thanks]

Ok,

The DLL registration issue was because the OS was Vista and the account was not an Admin account.

The error message included "DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005"

The correction for this is below: (please read entirely before starting)

Press <Windows> key
Right-Click 'cmd.exe'
Type in 'net user administrator /active:yes'
Press <ENTER>
Log Out
Navigate to where the file is you want to register
c: <enter>
cd \LGELEC~1\LGNPST\MODEL\VXWHATEVER <enter>
Type 'regsvr32 VXWhatever.dll' <enter>
You should get a message like 'DllRegisterServer in VXWhatever.dll succeeded'
Log Out

Your DLL Registration issue should now be resolved.

If you don't want to have the Administrator account available:

Press <Windows> key
Right-Click 'cmd.exe'
Type in 'net user administrator /active:no'
Press <ENTER>

If you are getting this error on WinXP, you may need to log in as administrator or atleast a non-limited account... you may also have policy settings on your account that are preventing you from doing this. The instructions above are pretty much for Vista and Windows 7 ONLY.

08-22-2010, 12:08 AM
My understanding is the MSI was used,.. but since the account lacked the ability to make the changes, the DLL wasn't registered. Using the MSI was part of the PM'd troubleshooting. What I posted was just the final solution.

funlovin
08-22-2010, 01:27 AM
I'm flashing my VX9200 to Cricket, I chose a prl file and LGNPST wants me to load a ERI file as well I have searched and can find one is it required or can I just uncheck the box in LGNPST and write in the provisions tab? thanx for your help in advance

whitey10tc
08-22-2010, 02:08 AM
OP,
I have merged the three threads you have created on this. I hope that you continue all your adventure in this same thread as it pertains to the same phone and will really help someone else in the future that has a similar question.

Now refering to post #2 above, is one of the best tutorials ever written with pictures. If you follow it to a T you will have a full flash in no time.