PDA

View Full Version : Tidings of Comfort and Joy

08-19-2010, 11:17 PM
Greetings fellow enthusiasts,

Electrics modification has been a hobby of mine for about as long as I can remember.

I am here to expand my knowledge, make contacts and help others out. I may provide a solution freely and publicly, it may be provided only to the board or the user, who knows... I never know until I read what I have written.

I am not here to put anyone down (break out in song) hey hey, we're the Monkeys<Mafia>, people say we money <hack> around, but we're to busy singing<Flashing>, to put anybody DOOOO[Only registered and activated users can see links] P.S. That isn't a claim that I am in the CM, however I did customize the Treo 600 for cricket back in the days when that was a new(er) phone. I didn't use cricket, so it wasn't for my own use.

I can be picky about what I call certain things. Example, I don't call it 'flashing' when referring to loading PRL's, ERI's or other NAM information any more often then using the same term to describe the transfer of files to a USB flash drive. I also don't care what others call it, to each their own. I use other terms that are less proper such as 'provision', or sometimes I say 'configure', 'program' or just 'load'. I do refer to the act of loading a firmware as 'flashing'. Directly changing just portions of the firmware while it's loaded into the phone is 'patching', the same thing as if done to a firmware file stored on your PC. Since I am ranting about terms, if I say 'PC' or 'Machine', I am talking about any normal computer, despite the operating system. If I say 'puter' then somehow you ticked me off, and lastly if I say 'Mainframe' then I'm probably just messing with you. If someone wants to specify that they are using a Mac, IBM, HP or whatever, I don't care. I don't think that the computer limits people as much as the user limits the computer. So, I guess I took that topic overboard, oh well. The point is, if in a conversation I don't use the same terms you used, no offense is intended, even if the conversation goes back and forth like that.

If you think I can help, just ask. If I think I can help, I'll probably be reading what I have written before I know it.

whitey10tc
08-19-2010, 11:28 PM
Welcome to the family.

thephoneguy913
08-19-2010, 11:29 PM
Welcome to the House of the Gurus.... I hope you Enjoy :)

Dex
08-19-2010, 11:50 PM
Welcome to gurus

Genuwine1976
08-20-2010, 12:08 AM
Welcome and I hope you enjoy ur stay..... I AM DROID

Mr._Pseudonym
08-26-2010, 11:12 AM
;^) Welcome, Guest. I share some of your perspective regarding the language, I think. Any trade has its own lingo, or argot, and sometimes if you sink into a trade too deeply, you forget that your own trade vocabulary isn't part of the language as a whole.

Don't sweat it, though; we aspire to be the noob-friendliest cell hacking site on the Internet, and we aren't going to do that if we get too picky about which synonym people use. Instead, just kick off your shoes, kick up your heels, and chew the fat with us. We look forward to learning along with you....

Pac3comm1
08-29-2010, 05:30 PM
As I have already had the nice experience of meeting you, Let me say welcome to the family. Mr. pseudonym is right though, no one here is going to look down upon anyone for the terminology they use, but I feel it is our responsibility to teach those that dont know the proper wording along with the procedure required. So with that being said, welcome aboard and lets make some things happen!

meanngreen04
09-09-2010, 01:12 AM
welcome glad to have ya at gurus!