PDA

View Full Version : CDMA Workshop actin' funny

thesmitty68521
08-17-2010, 12:27 PM
I recently had to reload everything on my hard drive. When I did, CDMA WS says "loading" then all of a sudden a login screen comes up. Is it something with my pc?

I am running xp pro with service pack 3. I've never had this problem before. I hope I didn't do anything to make them mad. lol

eric303
08-17-2010, 01:38 PM
the LOGIN should be inside the e-mail they sent you when you purchased it

Wrecked Johnson
08-17-2010, 01:52 PM
hopefully your hardware id did not change....... but those guys at cdma ware are pretty good about getting back with you after you email them maybe take 24 hours worst comes to worst.

Pac3comm1
08-17-2010, 05:35 PM
Anytime you reload OS to your pc your hardware ID changes. You will need to send off for another Password. Use the program they sent you called Get Hatrdware ID and they will send you another password.

thesmitty68521
08-17-2010, 06:49 PM
I did that and they responded that since it is the same machine I didn't need to do that. It worked yesterday even after I reinstalled it. Now today it won't work at all. Hmmm. I am hoping I don't have to shell out another 108 bucks. :(

Pac3comm1
08-17-2010, 07:12 PM
I know its a long shot, but did you try re entering your user name and password when it pops up?

whitey10tc
08-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Here's a real long shot but track down the member here that works for cdma ware and ask him for assistance.
He is actually very helpful, I had a concern last week when my phone company said they were moving lines and I might lose service intermittently through the day. I contacted him and asked about network connections. Turns out it only requires a connection to start it then it goes to an off line mode, that I didn't know.
Also didn't know that they really don't care about previous versions being cracked like the 2.7 that is so widely published.

Also smitty have you checked for virus's.

thesmitty68521
08-17-2010, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I thought about that. But I am not sure I want to bother them too much. I doubt I have a virus as I just reformatted my hard drive. I emailed them this afternoon to see if they can do something on their end. Hopefully I can get it fixed. I cringe at the thought of having to buy another license. I just don't have the funds right now. lol

zanza
08-20-2010, 04:37 PM
does CDMA workshop do an online verification each time it runs??

whitey10tc
08-20-2010, 05:05 PM
does CDMA workshop do an online verification each time it runs??
To answer the question, yes every time you start the program it connects to the server to verify the key and then disconnects.

Pluton19
08-25-2010, 04:19 PM
smitty68521

Your personal Login (License Name)/Password are located in your CDMA Workshop installation instruction. CDMA Workshop ask for them only when running for the first time on your PC, then these data are stored in Windows Registry and CDMA Workshop use them from a Windows Registry instead of asking these data from user at each start. Thus, if you re-installed your operating system and run CDMA Workshop on your clean operating system, it will ask for Login/Password again like it was when running CDMA Workshop for the first time on your PC.

Login/Password have nothing to do with Hardware ID of your PC.

About Hardware ID:

Quote from CDMA Workshop installation instruction:

---------
- When the Hardware ID of your PC is changed?

If you change CPU, HDD or HDD`s configuration, Motherboard or Motherboard Bios.
If you upgrade Windows XP to Vista, Windows 7 or downgrade Vista, Windows 7 to Windows XP.

You can re-install Windows (to the same version only) or format HDD without any problems.
The Hardware ID of your PC will not be changed.
---------

thesmitty68521
08-25-2010, 04:51 PM
Thanks for your help. I got it figured out. It took me awhile but it's working great now. Thanks for your help