PDA

View Full Version : WOW a new Droid Root Kit

Genuwine1976
08-16-2010, 03:25 AM
AGreen BHM's Droid RootKit

AGreen BHM's Droid RootKit v0.8.2

Get it here: [HIDE-THANKS][Only registered and activated users can see links][/HIDE-THANKS]

*In Vista/7, the DRK MUST be RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR!!! (you should automatically be prompted for elevation)*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Change Log

v0.8.2
Fixed bug preventing shortcuts from being created.

v0.8.1
Added instructions to SBF flashing process to clarify procedure.

v0.8.0
Added options to create backup, restore backup, install update file, install ROM, wipe data & cache before installing ROM

v0.7.1

Added missing ADB DLL files. Without them users are unable to run ADB.

v0.7
Bug fixes.
Added boot animation updater.
Changed recovery mode from SPRecovery to ClockWorkMod 2.0.1.3.

v0.6
Added option to install ADB icon on desktop.

v0.5
Initial release.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is the Droid RootKit?

The goal of the RootKit was to be a simple tool that would allow n00bs (and pros alike) to easily perform a number of common tasks on their Droid phone. The terms "drivers" and "flashing" might be totally foreign for some people. The goal of this tool is to take the learning curve away from rooting and customizing the Moto Droid.

The application will install the RSDLite and ADB drivers on the users' PC for them. Also, it consolidates all of the needed files into this one application. No longer does a n00b need to scour the internet looking for the SBF file, the root update.zip file, baseband, etc. They're all included in the package.

The only requirement this program has is that you know if you're running a 32bit or 64 bit PC. Once you know that, you're good to go.

Usage: Copy the droidrootkit folder from the .zip file to the root of your C: drive. Then right-click the RootKit.bat file within the droidrootkit folder and select "Run As Administrator" if you're on Vista/7, or just double-click it if you're using XP.

If your phone is totally stock (running 2.1) start with step 1 and work your way down. If you're running 2.0.1 (or 2.0) skip steps 1 and 2.

Currently, the included features are:

1. Install RSDLite Drivers.
2. Flash 2.0.1 SBF file
3. Install ADB drivers
4. Root your phone
5. Install custom recovery mode
6. Update to latest baseband
7. Install ADB icon on desktop (icon to open command prompt in ADB directory)
8. Install custom boot animation (user provides file)
9 . Install Update/Patch file (user provides file)
10. Backup Phone to SD Card
11. Restore Phone from Backup
12. Install ROM

As always, please proceed with caution when flashing SBF files. Other than that, it's pretty hard to screw up your phone. Everything that can be automated is. Steps that require user intervention have easy step by step instructions.

Please give it a go if you need to root your phone or if you have some time and want to test and provide feedback.

Thanks goes to:

AGreen BHM
(Drew)

verizonsalesrep
10-19-2010, 02:10 PM
my phone won't go into recovery mode! after i flash it with step 2 it doesn't reboot into recovery mode. every time i have tried, it says 100% completed but that i should manually restart the phone. when i go to close RSD Lite it says that it is in progress and could damage the pone if i stop, even though the phone has already rebooted to the welcome screen. what am i doing wrong?