PDA

View Full Version : Hero and Froyo?

whitey10tc
08-13-2010, 11:13 PM
This is a Hero Froyo 2.2 ROM from XDA by jaybob413
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
you can follow the link above for the origianl ROM.

Here is also a consent for me to post jaybob413's work here as I have modified it. I will upload my NAND in the next 48 hrs.by 9-8-2010

No problem. The intent of the (very little) work I have done on this was to share with people that may not be ready or able to build their own at the moment. If it is of use to others, that is all I am looking for. I originally thought a few people may have found it useful, but was surprised by the number of downloads and postings. The only reason that I keep creating updates is that people continue to use and comment on it.

A few notes regarding this ROM, don't flash it until your phone is flashed to cricket it has no ## codes currently.
MMS is not functioning correctly.
Flash is not supported
You can use either the AWD luancher or download launch pro from the market.

This is the most stable Froyo build I have found for the Hero currently.

Genuwine1976
08-14-2010, 12:24 AM
Great post bro I can't see how I missed that one. But u caught it and that is a good find...

whitey10tc
08-14-2010, 01:59 PM
OK here's an update, so far fixed the GPS by updating google maps, fixed the weather and sense clock using this [Only registered and activated users can see links] fancywidget, still looking for a fix for epst and drm, and looking to see where the carrier name is store in the ROM. There are some programs that aren't fully functioning and force close like wifitether, root explorer, and a few games.

whitey10tc
08-15-2010, 05:24 PM
OK got the root access fixed by flashing the EXT Blue over the Vanilla versions of the ROM. SO now all apps work. Still looking for the location of the carrier name in the ROM.

Genuwine1976
08-15-2010, 07:33 PM
good work bro keep us posted and hopefully u will get it completed.. A nandroid would be nice once you are finished...

ArkieKDealer
08-15-2010, 10:59 PM
Are you running it on the $55 rate?

whitey10tc
08-15-2010, 11:01 PM
Yup got it as a Zio on the Android plan. and it's zippy.