PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Captivate Over-Clocked to 1.2 GHz [NOW POSIBLE]

Genuwine1976
08-13-2010, 10:28 PM
OK guys, thanks to AJerman and many others who have posted in this thread, we have had success in compiling, loading and running a bug free kernel. The wakeup lag is there, but is highly reduced. Also, if someone could figure out how to compile a boot.img so that we can simply flash the kernel through recovery (I have no idea how), we would really be grateful, for all of us with either Linux or Mac. Anyway, here is the link, flash it through Odin3.[HIDE-THANKS][Only registered and activated users can see links][/HIDE-THANKS]Bug reports are welcome, as are logcats. Please download SetCPU from the market, or for free from an xda thread (I forgot where it is, I think it's in the G1 section). Set to OnDemand to reduce wakeup, set lowest possible value for min, and highest for max (1.2 GHz). Of course, you can also use profiles if you are an advanced SetCPU user. Thanks for reading, here we go!

We now have a successfully compiled kernel for the Captivate that overclocks the phone to 1.2 GHz. The link is coming soon. Also, many are complaining about garbled audio on custom kernels, even compiling directly from source. Either way, that is now fixed:

GOT IT! Sounds perfect again! Just download the Vibrant source and copy the ENTIRE sound/soc/codecs folder over to the Captivate source. Like I said before, they are almost identical for the most part, so I looked and saw the A1026 files were in the Vibrant source, among other missing files, turned on A1026 in the .config and copied the codecs folder and it sounds good as new again! I'm already late to go meet some friends messing with this, so try it out NukaCola and see if it works for you. I'll test the rest of the audio as I go, but this is good so far. When I get back I'm going to ext4 enable my kernel, OC'd to 1.2 GHz and see if I can hit a 2K quadrant score, haha.

The Hummingbird processor inside all Galaxy S models can theoretically be overclocked to 1.6 GHz [stable], and potentially past, if a genius can do that. Please, devs, post a link compiled kernel so that I can put it in the OP and people can start hacking their phones, I'll give full credit to the dev.

The i9000 folks have successfully created a 1.2 GHz standard voltage overclock. Is anyone over here interested in helping to port it over to the Captivate? I have no experience in kernels, but I'd love to learn and do my best to help out. Here is the link: [Only registered and activated users can see links] Also, the few of us with Linux or OS X would love to see an option for flashing from recovery. Just let me know if anyone is interested, and thanks in advance.