PDA

View Full Version : [Bin File] i'm a newbie at this and i need help with a sprint instinct 800!!!!

htown61
08-12-2010, 02:30 AM
i just bought a sprint instinct800 and i'm trying to flash it to cricket and i downloaded a few cricket prl files from here, but i get connected to u.s cellular instead of cricket so i need help can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong here are the files that i downloaded from here 6199, 6299,6399,6499,4199,4299,4399,4499 aren't these cricket prl files? i would really appreciate any help with this matter thanks.
:cool::cool::cool:

Pac3comm1
08-12-2010, 06:51 AM
What program are you using to load the PRL to the phone? Im not the cricket expert here but i think there might be later versions of the PRL available.

whitey10tc
08-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Where are you located, are you in an AWS market?

htown61
08-12-2010, 10:50 AM
i'm in houston tx .

htown61
08-12-2010, 10:52 AM
What program are you using to load the PRL to the phone? Im not the cricket expert here but i think there might be later versions of the PRL available.
i'm using the unicdma universal 3.1.4 and the qpst 2.7 buil 323 starting server from qualcomm product support tool.

whitey10tc
08-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Moved to samsung cricket forum,

Try using one of the older PRL's. Also check to see if your SID/NID numbers are correct.

htown61
08-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Moved to samsung cricket forum,

Try using one of the older PRL's. Also check to see if your SID/NID numbers are correct.
yes thanks alot i think i'm almost there because what i did i checked the sid/nid and on the nid there were 5 #s and on the sid there were 5 zeros so i just changed them so they would match and now i get connected to cricket with the 4299 prl file now i just got to figure out about the ota because i still don't get service. but thanks alot bud.

whitey10tc
08-12-2010, 01:11 PM
yes thanks alot i think i'm almost there because what i did i checked the sid/nid and on the nid there were 5 #s and on the sid there were 5 zeros so i just changed them so they would match and now i get connected to cricket with the 4299 prl file now i just got to figure out about the ota because i still don't get service. but thanks alot bud.OK now that your phone is connecting, but still won't OTASP. Here is a few more suggestions double check the ESN in the phone "not the one on the sticker" and make sure it's correct in crickets system. If that is correct try manually entering your MDN and MIN.

SID for Houston is 04621
NID for cricket is 65535

htown61
08-12-2010, 01:57 PM
OK now that your phone is connecting, but still won't OTASP. Here is a few more suggestions double check the ESN in the phone "not the one on the sticker" and make sure it's correct in crickets system. If that is correct try manually entering your MDN and MIN.

SID for Houston is 04621
NID for cricket is 65535

well bud this are not the same esn# as on my phone sticker but how do i know if they're the right cricket esn # here's what i have 80E25238 3E7BBAA1 do they look like they are ok?.

whitey10tc
08-12-2010, 02:32 PM
well bud this are not the same esn# as on my phone sticker but how do i know if they're the right cricket esn # here's what i have 80E25238 3E7BBAA1 do they look like they are ok?.Well I would say first what number did you give cricket when you added the phone to the account? Now also for the two different ESN's if they don't match from what's coming up in the phone and what's on the sticker, I hate to bear the bad news but it looks like a clone. You can do the legal and moral thing and repair it back to match the sticker or just have cricket correct the ESN on their end.

htown61
08-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Well I would say first what number did you give cricket when you added the phone to the account? Now also for the two different ESN's if they don't match from what's coming up in the phone and what's on the sticker, I hate to bear the bad news but it looks like a clone. You can do the legal and moral thing and repair it back to match the sticker or just have cricket correct the ESN on their end.
yeah thanks whitey, i did just that i went to cricket it was the min # that i was puting in that was wrong.... so needless to say i have service now but i don't get the internet though, i'm using prl 4299 and the lady told i couldn't get it because i flashed this m800 to cricket but i have been reading here where most post say that yes u can have internet i just have to get the right file i guess. but thank you very much for all your help whitey.

nicholass balls
08-15-2010, 06:15 AM
On many Sprint phones they will OTA if you dial *2 instead of *228. Keep searching for the web solution, it's a pain on these phones but it's doable. Do you have Samsung PST?

htown61
08-15-2010, 05:01 PM
On many Sprint phones they will OTA if you dial *2 instead of *228. Keep searching for the web solution, it's a pain on these phones but it's doable. Do you have Samsung PST?

no bud i don't even know what that's, what does that do? i have heard of a samsung pst lite 2.3 but i really don't know what that's for.

Pac3comm1
08-15-2010, 05:14 PM
Samsung PST is the program used to provision the device. LG uses LGNPST, and motorola uses versions like RSD General.

htown61
08-20-2010, 10:22 AM
Samsung PST is the program used to provision the device. LG uses LGNPST, and motorola uses versions like RSD General.
yes but can you tell me what tool to get, and what file and how to do it because i don't know how to do it.

htown61
08-23-2010, 09:13 PM
i just want to thank whitey10tc, and Midiology from another site for his wap tutorial and everyone that help me with my phone, i finally got the web to work on my phone. it took me a while but i feel great because this's my first one, i hope to jump to the droid next. thanks alot, guys. :cool::cool: