PDA

View Full Version : Fully finctioning BB??

johnnyboy14981
08-10-2010, 09:10 PM
So I am curious now that Cricket has a bb out, and has the bis server. If you simply chnge the spc to all zeros, and set up the prl/evdo sutff. Can you just go to host routing table and register to get all the service books?? I am trying o get one to play with and find out myself, but I figured I would throw the question out there. The new data speeds are AWESOME. Just thought it would be cool to have the option to offer fully functional blackberries. Thanks everyone.

Pac3comm1
08-10-2010, 09:45 PM
I dont think you will have BIS service on a flashed device. i think i just read a thread on a similar subject today stating that you wont have full access like a true blackberry on cricket.

eric303
08-11-2010, 07:30 PM
you will not get the BIS on a flashed blackberry even on a blackberry plan. From what i understand at the cricket training is that the reason is because all of cricket's blackberry has a registered PIN from blackberry itself, and the pin wont interchange even though you flash it and thus cannot interact with the BIS server. From what my rep told me, Cricket actually wants the flashed blackberrys to get the BIS but Blackberry said no

johnnyboy14981
08-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the insight. I just had a couple customers that inquired about it. I am also checking around, but if there's any developments please let me know. I figure if anyone can crack it will be the gurus here!!